what do you like about your GM SUV hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what do you like about your GM SUV hybrid?

I am SOOOO much more satisfied with this truck than the Giant Green Van (The Pickle) it replaced. Specifically, it got 12MPG city/highway/free-fall, it used brakes every 12-15K miles, tires about the same. It couldn't stop to save its life, nevertheless mine.
It held more stuff, but not that much more.
I'm over 35K miles without changing brakes or tires. Hell, not one major repair of any kind. This is an amazing vehicle. I think how awesome it is whenever I fill-up and whenever I kick the a*s*s of some little sedan that thinks you only get good power/weight by reducing weight...
God, that 3/4-throttle trick is really a game-changer for on-ramp merging.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

1. Superior driving experience - markedly smoother and quieter than the gas only powered iterants. Library quiet with 30% greater efficiency even while putting more power to the ground than the 5.3. 6.2 feels rough in comparison. 5.3 transmission logic or tendencies is to get to a higher gear for lower rpm operation thus always having to kick down a gear or two when power is called upon. Rough.

2. Tahoe hybrid is the best looking full size American SUV in the market with its locomotive front end and squared off, squatter looks all around the truck. Masculine and functional.

3. Big golf cart in auto stop (cool). Chicks gave me a hard time about having a big car as a bachelor (no pets either), but once I tell them it is the hybrid they get moist (tears of joy)

Last edited by CYKBC; 11-08-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Best review I've read to date and I've read plenty

Csaba, typically thorough technically

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/re...umentid=475524

Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Enthusiast

the thing I like best is when an expressway turns into a "parking lot" during rush hour or behind an accident; I can cruse along using VERY LITTLE GAS!!

Same is true for a crowded shopping center parking lot, looking for a place to park!