What does it take for a lifetime Ford owner to trade up to a GM hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Administrator
Default What does it take for a lifetime Ford owner to trade up to a GM hybrid?

What does it take for a lifetime Ford owner to trade up to a GM hybrid?

http://www.cadillac.com/

Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 AM
aka soulsea
Default Re: What does it take for a lifetime Ford owner to trade up to a GM hybrid?

Although I understand the need for revenue, those darn ad stickies are beyond annoying.

Last edited by HyHoe; 12-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Default Re: What does it take for a lifetime Ford owner to trade up to a GM hybrid?

I think the ad stickies are placed inappropriately.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM
aka soulsea

They indeed are, and are a poorly devised marketing strategy ...

First, because it associates the product with annoyance.
Second, because their angle is small and petty trying to put down another brand.
Third, because I don't think in the history of the net anyone has ever said to themselves 'some schmuck somewhere traded in their vehicle for another so I must do likewise.'

Ford makes some good vehicles, so does GM and any other brand ... this type of marketing is less inventive than any ten year old could devise.

And not for nothing, but the Mazda ones are just as bad ... if one is going to call something as simple as direct injection 'skyactiv' then we might as well call 2 mode 4wd hybrids 'galactic gravity defying transport ships.'

I swear, they don't make ad men like they used to.

Last edited by HyHoe; 12-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have no real brand loyalty - just interest in particular types of vehicles. If GM doesn't want to build a hybrid pickup anymore and Ford decides to pop a big lithium ion into a 4 mode tranmission pickup - well yeah - I'll certainly take a look. Until then I too can do without the ad-spams.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LakeSilverado
I have no real brand loyalty - just interest in particular types of vehicles. If GM doesn't want to build a hybrid pickup anymore and Ford decides to pop a big lithium ion into a 4 mode tranmission pickup - well yeah - I'll certainly take a look. Until then I too can do without the ad-spams.
+1 and expanded to any car from any nation. they all have something good to offer to somebody

Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Administrator

with that premise in mind, I don't understand the bad rap that GM gets. I just bough a new range rover sport hse luxury and it has been to the dealership 4 times already to fix a radio issue that despite all the software updates and all is still giving some problems. forget about those problems, it's a nice vehicle. but my hybrid has been very reliable.