where to buy/get Hybrid silverado 2009 Service manual?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default where to buy/get Hybrid silverado 2009 Service manual?

Hello, would like to know is anyone know where can i buy a digital copy of the ECM or service repair manual?
Hybrid Silverado 2009.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: where to buy/get Hybrid silverado 2009 Service manual?

Chilton Manuals appear to have something available.

http://repair.chiltondiy.com/Pub/DIY...Repair&b=30026

Old 11-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Don't waste your money at alldatadiy. The manual was made for those that do oil changes only. The online alldata subscription used by shops is ok but expensive but don't get the DIY.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by evois
Don't waste your money at alldatadiy. The manual was made for those that do oil changes only. The online alldata subscription used by shops is ok but expensive but don't get the DIY.

I use either Mitchell (Snap-on) or AllData.

The AllDataDIY is the SAME manual as the shops use. You just pay for a single car instead of a subscription for all cars. I use the DIY version at home and it is basically the factory manual in digital form.

I haven't used one on a GM (Toyota, Honda and Fords at home) so they might be different but every single DIY version I have active right now at home is a factory version (currently 11 cars).

Old 12-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
I just signed up for 5 years on my 2008 Prius and a 2001 Cadillac Eldorado. I will be replacing my Radiator, Hoses, Water Pump, Water Pump Housing etc. on my 2001 Cadillac Eldorado. I went to their Radiator page and was very disappointed.

There are many steps missing here for what needs to be removed before even trying to remove the radiator. There is NOTHING mentioned about the AC Condenser attached to the front of the radiator. Parts list are also lacking for all the various hoses that make up the complete cooling system. Exploded diagrams missing manufacture part call outs and many part numbers.

I have found the same for the 2008 Prius. How is anyone suppose to actually make use of these instructions? If I haven't watched how-to YouTube videos on removing and replacing the radiator and water pump I'd fail using these instructions. I tried to find an exploded parts diagram for the cooling system with a list of all the pipes and tubing with part numbers etc and could not find one... Since I'm finding the same lacking information on the 2008 Prius I'm beginning to believe all the vehicles on this site have the same issue?

Is their non-DIY site any better??

Is there an alternative reasonable cost site or should I be looking for a book?

Old 12-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Helm Inc. is where we got real GM service manuals back when I was a Mr. Goodwrench. I don't see anything hybrid specific buit for the price it better be comprehensive and EXACTLY what they sell the dealership.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...9PU&itemtype=N

Old 12-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Helm Inc. is where we got real GM service manuals back when I was a Mr. Goodwrench. I don't see anything hybrid specific buit for the price it better be comprehensive and EXACTLY what they sell the dealership.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...9PU&itemtype=N
I was about to post this reply but currently in Asia for the holidays!