Yukon Hybrid Hesitation - an open letter to GMC

Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yukon Hybrid Hesitation - an open letter to GMC

Newton MA. I also didn't mention that it doesn't autostop like it used to. The truck just feels wrong.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

A dealer worth his salt can plug in and find the reasons for no Auto-Stop,

Old 01-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Administrator

go to high volume GM or cadillac dealer and they will sync your hybrid to the GM database.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ah, the problem. The only "local" dealer is GMC and very small. The local chevy and Caddy dealers closed. The Chevy dealer I bought it from is not close and gave me no support on transport to and from the subway for work. They also did not work on my car one rainy day "because electricity and water don't mix." Never went back there again. The only other Chevy dealer anywhere near has a horrible service reputation. Hence my problem.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Administrator

usually you have to leave your vehicle and would be a day or two of software check and update.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'll have to contact them. I was hoping that the GM person would be lurking about and offer to smooth the process

Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by raydoc
I'll have to contact them. I was hoping that the GM person would be lurking about and offer to smooth the process
a GM dealer service advisor would still be your best bet or call their 800 number if somebody can chime in?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

So what turned out to be the issue ?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

GM directed me to another dealership and helped schedule the appointment. I left the truck on a Friday. They looked at it for the first time on the next Wednesday. When I called on Friday, they said that they could not duplicate any of my complaints. I picked up the truck on Saturday.

I have the invoice stating my complaints and their response. When the transmission blows up in the next few months I intend to make sure that it is repaired under warranty as this will have been the second time that the dealer could not duplicate any of the complaints.

If I could find a similar sized truck that can tow and gets similar mileage (diesel MB or X5?) I'd consider ditching the Tahoe. Big shame as I have really liked the truck. GM offers nothing that I am interested in currently. I had bought the HyHoe after getting rid of my Yukon due to gas mileage.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

I have the same exact problem as beckel was experiencing in the original post. My vehicle is currently in the shop because of these same symptoms. Now my Tahoe Hybrid sometimes will not move at all when I step on the accelerator or will accelerate REALLY slowly. This is dangerous if I'm trying to make a left turn into traffic. You can research all of my posts here on this forum and see all of the many problems that I've experienced with this vehicle and the many failed attempts from the dealers(s) to resolve this. I will mention something about the transmission auxillary pump to the service advisor tomorrow and pray that this will fix the problem.

The problems with my Tahoe Hybrid have gotten really bad and I'm really afraid of driving the vehicle myself and afraid of letting my wife drive it with my two young children. I really like this vehicle however with the numerous problems, the money spent in repairs and the many failed attempts to fix it, I may have to give it up because it is just not SAFE for me and my family.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yukon Hybrid Hesitation - an open letter to GMC

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands