2007 Saturn Aura won't start! PLEASE HELP!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 Saturn Aura won't start! PLEASE HELP!

Last night, my Aura wouldn't start. I'd turn the key, and you could hear tthe engine try to start, but it wouldn't turn over.

Then the clock reset itself to 12:00.

Finally, I got an error message saying that the drivers side airbag was malfunctioning.

I got this car used, but I don't think it's ever been in an accident (at least, not according to the carfax).

Any and all help on where to bring this car, and what to have done is needed! TIA!~

Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Aura won't start! PLEASE HELP!

I think I'm having the same problem. The symptoms are all the same. Did you ever figure out what your problem was?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Aura won't start! PLEASE HELP!

I was told it was some problem with a cable connecting the battery to the car. The part was replaced and a few months later the same thing happened.

That time, a jump fixed my problem so I checked it out myself and found out I needed a new battery. That was about 3 months ago and I haven't had a problem since.

I just want to say this car is decent, but it doesn't come close to the Mercury Mariner Hybrid I used to drive. The Saturns engine will only shut off when I'm stopped, and I used to love how I could coast on battery alone in my MMH. I only get about 26-27MPG with this Aura Hybrid, and I got at least 28MPG with my MMH.