2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid Lurch, Lunge, Stall - Page 2 - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

Default Re: 2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid Lurch, Lunge, Stall

Hi all,

I have a 2009 Chrysler Aspen that has also started to stall at low speeds or from a stop. Other symptoms include:
- rolls forward a bit while on a hill an in reverse until power is applied
- will sometimes stall in reverse or forward at low speed, ready mode takes anywhere from 30 sec to 20 min to return and the vehicle is drivable as if nothing had happened
- fan for the hybrid battery under the middle seat will speed up and slow down over the last few months where previously I didn't know it was there
- hybrid system does indicate ready, charging but the bars always seem to stay at 90+ % charged

The dealer (as with other posts) "didn't find anything wrong" but is not trained on Hybrid systems for this make / model.

Research on this forum and elsewhere indicates the 1 / 2 clutch, tranny fluid levels and of course the hybrid battery pack.

Any ideas from the good folks here including Hillbilly_Hybrid are sincerely appreciated. This is a gorgeous vehicle that isn't easily replaced. I'd hate to trade it off.

Thanks all !
Old 05-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast

Default Re: 2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid Lurch, Lunge, Stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudguru View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2009 Chrysler Aspen that has also started to stall at low speeds or from a stop. Other symptoms include:
- rolls forward a bit while on a hill an in reverse until power is applied
- will sometimes stall in reverse or forward at low speed, ready mode takes anywhere from 30 sec to 20 min to return and the vehicle is drivable as if nothing had happened
- fan for the hybrid battery under the middle seat will speed up and slow down over the last few months where previously I didn't know it was there
- hybrid system does indicate ready, charging but the bars always seem to stay at 90+ % charged

The dealer (as with other posts) "didn't find anything wrong" but is not trained on Hybrid systems for this make / model.

Research on this forum and elsewhere indicates the 1 / 2 clutch, tranny fluid levels and of course the hybrid battery pack.

Any ideas from the good folks here including Hillbilly_Hybrid are sincerely appreciated. This is a gorgeous vehicle that isn't easily replaced. I'd hate to trade it off.

Thanks all !
As a former owner of a 2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid, run far, far from this car. The batteries are easily in excess of $11000 the last we heard. When our 12 V went out it took Dodge over a day to find where it was even located on the vehicle (no documentation exists) and ended up costing $400. Any damage and it will be deemed a total loss. Was an amazing car at one point, but you will be buried in repair costs if anything happens, assuming it's not deemed a total loss.