Diesel Vehicles A forum for discussing high mileage diesel powered vehicles.

Revealed: Volkswagen's 69.9-MPG Diesel Hybrid

Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Site Founder
Default Revealed: Volkswagen's 69.9-MPG Diesel Hybrid

We've got more info -- and pictures! -- about the diesel hybrid Golf we've already told you Volkswagen is rolling out at the Geneva Motor Show, and it looks impressive.
According to a Google translation of Germany's Auto Bild, the potential Prius killer sports a 74-horsepower three-cylinder TDI engine -- Autoblog speculates it's the 1.4-liter used in the Polo BlueMotion -- mated to a 27-horsepower electric motor and a seven-speed double-clutch DSG transmission. There's a nickel-metal hydride battery in the trunk; a regenerative braking system helps keep it charged. The car has stop/start capability and a full-electric mode at low speed. An "energy monitor" display on the dashboard keeps tabs on what the powertrain is doing.
http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/03/revealed-volksw.html

Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Revealed: Volkswagen's 69.9-MPG Diesel Hybrid

Unfortunately that article is from over a year ago and VW has since canceled the diesel hybrid Golf due to cost.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Several threads have spam as their last post. This causes the spam posts to show up on the main contents page even though the spammers have been banned. Copies of this post will serve as a place holders to remove the spammers from the contents page. If they bother anyone I'll delete them after the threads resume normal activity.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Enthusiast

Yesterday I was talking with a VW dealership salesman in my country and he informed me that VW Bluemotion line is going to be offered only to the markets with HQ diesel fuel, which is less than a half globe. :-) Many countries do not have quality diesel fuel which is necessary for the Blumotion hi-tech engines.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

It's too bad this was scrapped, or may not be coming here due to poor diesel fuel, because those are some impressive MPG numbers! I would be in for sure.