General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

The Chevy "VOLT" -I would buy one

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
joe540ci
Default The Chevy "VOLT" -I would buy one

I think it would be the perfect car for my wife who drives 7 miles to work, and has a plug-in at her parking spot.Just would like to know how the heater would work in minnesota? How many of you think you would buy one..Joe

Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: The Chevy "VOLT" -I would buy one

It sounds like I'll be visiting the local GM dealer several times to test: two-mode hybrid and Volt.

Bob Wilson

Old 11-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
I think it would be the perfect car for my wife who drives 7 miles to work, and has a plug-in at her parking spot.Just would like to know how the heater would work in minnesota? How many of you think you would buy one..Joe
I was expecting to take my TCH to 200k miles and 10 years, but the Volt could cut that short.

With 40 miles of plug-in range, your wife wouldn't even need to plug-in at work.

My guess is that GM will use a heat-pump as they did in the EV1. More efficient than a heating element. Although they will probably have to put one in anyway for low low temperatures.

In my TCH I use the seat heater mostly. Last winter I didn't use the heater much at all. The seat heater heats you up faster and is much more efficient. Since I'm already wearing a coat, there is no need to heat the car to 70 degrees.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

We'd ALL buy one, if Chevy actually made the thing.

Right now, they only PROMISE that they'll make it.

Try driving a promise to work.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:36 PM
joe540ci

1stpik Thats funny. Whats not funny is how the chevy sales people know we want the Volt and hybrids but they dont have any! I have all ready had a highlander hybrid over two years and sold it shortly after buying a camry hy .I love Chevys but they don't have what I want. I am sure the biggest car company on earth could have built cars I would buy if they really wanted to. What is there problem???????

Originally Posted by 1stpik
We'd ALL buy one, if Chevy actually made the thing.

Right now, they only PROMISE that they'll make it.

Try driving a promise to work.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
1stpik Thats funny. Whats not funny is how the chevy sales people know we want the Volt and hybrids but they dont have any! I have all ready had a highlander hybrid over two years and sold it shortly after buying a camry hy .I love Chevys but they don't have what I want. I am sure the biggest car company on earth could have built cars I would buy if they really wanted to. What is there problem???????
GM/Ford/All Domestics thought cheap oil would last forever, how short-sighted of them. I commend GM for working on bringing the Volt to market, but they should have seen this coming. The biggest warning sign - Bush's war in Iraq. They should have known that stirring up conflict in the middle east would bring higher oil prices.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 AM
ice
Active Enthusiast

hahaha! nice one 1stpik... I guess you're right about that... Volt is a very nice car for me too...

Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

I will look at it when its out, seems great for my needs. loving my TCH now though.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 AM
World's First Hybrid

It would be nice to have one, but.... For those of us who live in condo's or apartments, there is no plug-in infrastructure for recharging nor have I ever seen one for folks who drive to work here in the NE. I'm sure that in the future there will be metered charging stations where you can charge using a credit or debit card but until that happens on a wider scale....it ain't gonna be practical.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

true. without an outlet its not going to get charged but I think there are so many other situations where its not going to be a problem. I think we will see more and more charging stations as the plugins become more prevalent.

Quick Reply: The Chevy "VOLT" -I would buy one

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands