General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

Joule

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Joule

In SA we are very proud of our Joule.

Joule - Electric Car - Optimal Energy
Joule is Africa’s first battery electric engineering masterpiece from Optimal Energy. The silent passenger vehicle is manufactured as a standard five-seater which complies with UN-ECE safety standards offering an optimal, no-compromise, zero emission urban driving experience.

Joule is as beautiful and elegant as it is stylish with a classically timeless appeal set to transform the face of the urban transportation landscape. Developed from the outset as an electric vehicle, Joule delivers optimal design, maximum interior space and a minimal exterior and environmental footprint.

Nominal 300km Range
Regenerative ABS Braking system
Steel space frame and side impact protection
Excellent vehicle handling and dynamics
Sports-like acceleration from standstill
Optimal interior space with minimal exterior footprint

Read more here:
http://www.optimalenergy.com/

AH

Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Joule

That looks pretty cool, and a good range too.

I'd rather not lease batteries but that seems to be the automotive trend.

Thanks for posting it!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Joule

Thank you. There are a few problems locally for this car. One is cost, as a Developing Nation, cost is a very important factor when buying something like a car. The second is recharging, I do not know of any recharging facilities in my area. But the last and most serious issue is that South Africa has, due to faster than expected economic growth, a massive energy crisis with brown outs happening from time to time, so the last thing you need when you have an electric car, is an unreliable electric grid!

AH

PS. I apologise for language issues, English is not my first language.

ah

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands