General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

ZAP XEBRA news (also mentioned are Volt & Tesla)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Energy Independence
Default ZAP XEBRA news (also mentioned are Volt & Tesla)

The ZAP Xebra is a three-wheeler running on basic batteries, silent and easy to maneuver. It is more than a golf cart and less than a compact car and costs just under $10,000

Now still a concept car, GM will begin production as soon as battery costs fall below $3,000 per car.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070518/...5gypbWgbQE1vAI

Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ZAP XEBRA news (also mentioned are Volt & Tesla)

Could you imagine if Toyota or Honda waited until the battery component of a car got below a certain price point before trying to build a hybrid?

And GM can't figure out why it's about bankrupt.

And yes, I know how ridiculously contradictory that remark is-- how can you make money if you're in financial trouble and selling something at a potential loss? But the flip side is that as counter-intuitive as it sounds, it sure worked for Honda and Toyota.

I'm so depressed about the state of the Detroit 2 (f/k/a/ The Big 3). I would LOVE to buy an american car, if they only knew how to make something that was somewhere near competitive.

Last edited by stevejust; 05-21-2007 at 11:34 PM.