Alternative Fuel Vehicles Running biodiesel, E85, Natural Gas, Propane? Chat here!

Hybrid Diesel conversions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Addicted Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Diesel conversions

- Small Kansas company turning gas-guzzlers into biodiesel hybrids
- Cars get much better gas mileage without sacrificing power
- Celebrity customers include Neil Young, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Conversions are expensive, but company is working on cheaper fixes
from cnn.com: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/11/20/g...ers/index.html

Pretty interesting stuff. I wonder what system they'll use as the basis for Neil Young's Lincoln?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Hybrid Diesel conversions

Several threads have spam as their last post. This causes the spam posts to show up on the main contents page even though the spammers have been banned. Copies of this post will serve as a place holders to remove the spammers from the contents page. If they bother anyone I'll delete them after the threads resume normal activity.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Diesel conversions

I would love to have a hybrid diesel.

A friend in the air force reserve recently (late 2010) reported that his air force base in northern Louisiana was partnered with Ford for diesel hybrid on-road testing. He wasn't able to snap any pics, but he reported the vehicle was a F-series pickup. Very cool...

Alas, my 1980 Volvo diesel will probably never see a conversion. It's oil delivery system is not the most efficient, and it would not endure all the stop-starts. Until I can run Mobil 1 5W-40 TD and not have some oil slip past the old and tired rings, I'll keep dreaming.