Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

GreenHybrid Acquired by CarsDirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

Originally Posted by lakedude
I'm sure nearly everybody would love to see some dollar figures but I'm also sure Jason is never going to disclose said information.
Aw, it will just make you feel worst.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:43 AM
Engineering first
Talking Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

Originally Posted by Jason
I'm pleased to announce that GreenHybrid.com has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc., which operates leading automotive web sites like CarsDirect.com and Autos.com.
Hi Jason,

Congratulations but I have been keeping my mileage data only on your web site. I'm going to save a copy of my 03 Prius data now and after every tank.

Once again, thanks for the great web site and good luck in your endevors.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Site Founder

Bob, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Your data is safe here at GreenHybrid and will not be removed, if that's your worry!

Old 01-27-2006, 01:03 PM

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

Originally Posted by Jason
Don (and Sledge), I assume you ask in jest but anyway for clarification, this is not something I am able to disclose.
Yep, in jest it was. And, I don't think you sold out. I think you made a very wise stategic decision for both you and the GH community. Win-win.

Don

Old 01-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Banned

xcel,

I think the additional resources are an opportunity to do more things at GH.

xcel, what you you think if there were pages to do:
  • Enter your mpg, annual miles driven, estimated cost of gas, click submit and get you annual cost and compare it with vehicles that get 10mpg, 20mpg....80mpg?
  • Enter your US mpg, then get the equivalent UK mpg and liters used per 100 kilometers?
  • I bet you would have other ideas.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:10 PM

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Site Founder

Wayne, as part of the agreement I will be continuing administrating GreenHybrid through all of 2006.

I'm not sure what you mean by Google hits (search engine optimization?) but it is true that as both the site and my responsibilities grew I felt it would not work in the long-term for me to retain ownership. While activity has been slowly increasing, the actual statistics show monthly unique visitor counts leveling off since I've been at college. At this point I feel I've done everything I can do traffic-wise given my resources.

Internet Brands, Inc. has the resources and manpower to take GreenHybrid to the next level. Their sheer traffic levels alone can give this site the kick it's been waiting for for quite some time. I have discussed with their staff my inabilities due to time restraints and finances to publish higher quality unique content, dedicate pages to individual vehicles and address some member concerns. There is serious potential now for these improvements to become a reality.

Most importantly, my life is slowly transitioning towards other goals. I am currently studying political science and then will likely be off to law school. While hybrids will remain an interest, I will eventually need to dedicate my life to a career and successful future. Improving GreenHybrid would become a small hobby to me for a small audience, whereas it can remain a primary job of Internet Brands, Inc. for an extraordinary audience.

Wayne, as per my email you are still more than welcome to speak with Stan Holt and me over the phone.

Last edited by Jason; 01-27-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congrats Jason!!!

Ive really enjoyed the grass roots effort and can understand your life goals. Have been very impressed with your efforts and whats been done here.

But this wonderful grass roots effort cant be done by MBA's. And thats what will be running the site. Such a shame. Can see another edmounds in the making.

Good luck in your lifes journey. This little glimore has been a joy to see and be around.

Are you sure you want to be a lawyer???

Old 01-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Default Greenhybid.com Sold

Jason, you did an excellent job with creating the greenhybrid site. Many have learned about FE from your creation of this site and I thank you for that. Hope the sell helps pay for your College degree and more.

It now appears the sell is complete at a time I no longer want to post things that freely make the new owner's money. The intent of my post was to help others enjoy the benifits of what I've learned from my FEH here and other places on the net. I've picked up some great information from xcel, but if he can't answer my post, screw this site.

GaryG

Last edited by Jason; 01-29-2006 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: GreenHybrid Acquired by CarsDirect.com

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands