Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

GreenHybrid Acquired by CarsDirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
jmg14213
Default Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

Too bad, Google has already started spam filtering the newsletter. Never happened before.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Excited Enthusiast
Default Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by CarsDirect.com

I want to thank the greenhybrid.com community for their contributions to content of this site and offer congrats to Jason on his decision. Maintaining this is clearly not going to be a hobby for much longer. There are simply too many of us coming to the world of hybrids and I cannot imagine this is anywhere near self maintaining, even with donations.

So I will share a personal note about this community and what Jason has done.

I went surfing tonight looking for info on low rolling resistance tires. I tried REALLY hard, to find information on the www in a place other than greenhybrid and found little to none. Maybe one or two items.

On my FIRST search at greenhybrid, I found much more valuable information that helped me to move forward with my question. It is the community that makes this all work, and I hope we can continue to share with each other. I have been trying to share it with my few hybrid friends, and can see that with or without influence from the corporate world, it can continue.

I have moved up from original 37 mpg to 45 on my HCH THANKS TO YOU ALL and isn't that what it is all about.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:13 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by CarsDirect.com

I personally look {Forward} to Hearing from more Members that will come to GreenHybrid as time passes. I cannot see how that is going to be a Bad-Thing.

As far as comments about Jason selling the GreenHybrid Site. I have but one thing to say and that is:

Jason, you have done what you thought was right and you are the only one that really knows if you did it for only {Personal-Financial-Gain}. Or as you have stated here over & over, for the good of Greenhybrid and Yourself.

Which ever be the case I still wish you the "Best-In-Life". Good-Fortune:

Sincerely;

Terry

Old 02-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Having been here on the very rawest ground level of GH when it wasn't even "live" and Jason was looking for input, to meeting Jason in Orlando just months after the '04 Prius was released I've been impressed with his dedication to his site.

I have definately not totally agreed with everything he did, but he had a vision for the site and clearly part of that vision was to make it successful and profitable and to that end he's clearly been successful.

I do hope that GH maintains the community atmosphere and wish that Jason was staying on as an official 'consultant' or something to see that that happens.

In any case, it does seem that congratulations are due and I'll follow the site to see how it evolves.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: GreenHybrid Acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

Hi Stan,

Originally Posted by civicsaver
In case it's helpful, I wanted to chime in with the Internet Brands perspective. My name is Stan Holt. I head up the publishing team at Internet Brands, and I've been working closely with Jason since the acquisition. . . .

<great introduction snipped>
Great introduction and it sounds like you've got some good ideas there. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

My appologies for not seeing this note when it was first published.

Bob Wilson

Old 02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Jason, I just read about the acquisition. Congrats, I hope you made enought to pay for the rest of college and graduate school and buy a RX 400h for every member of your family. You deserve everything that you received. What a great country. Good Luck

Old 04-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast

Congratulations. I think this will be great for the GreenHybrid community! Access to more advanced research tools and databases will be great as will the chance to reach a wider audience. Good choice!