Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Our Announcements (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/)
-   -   GreenHybrid Moderators Needed (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/greenhybrid-moderators-needed-1744/)

Jason 04-02-2005 11:06 PM

GreenHybrid Moderators Needed

As GreenHybrid expands, additional moderators are needed to keep things moving smoothly. I'll be shuffling some things around and we'll need some extra hands.

I've been pretty lax about the duties of moderators, so far. In the future, there will be a few guidelines and expectations. Staff members will be required to write one article per month for publication in the Learn section unless another arrangement is made. They must visit the board frequently - if not every day, most every day. They must browse the Discuss, Learn and Share sections, fixing post content problems (quote tags, broken links, etc.), moving misplaced threads and occasionally deleting unruly posts.

I will be writing a basic "howto" for mods so they know what to do, how to do it and when to do it. In the 15 months that I've administrated GreenHybrid, there have been extremely few issues to deal with. We have our members to thank for such a considerate, helpful community.

Being a moderator is a greatly rewarding responsibility, But, it is a responsibility. If you're willing to help, contact me in any way you wish. Post here, if you like. Or, do it privately.

I look forward to hearing from you!

sdctcher 04-03-2005 06:00 PM

Re: GreenHybrid Moderators Needed

Looking forward to the Mod How-To. Moderating can be confusing and we all need refreshers.
Thanks Jason

Mike

Jason 04-03-2005 06:13 PM

It's up. Look in the mod lounge.

babsrocks 04-03-2005 07:08 PM

Well I'd be more than happy to moderate, however, writing is not my forte.

Boo Gas 04-04-2005 12:21 AM

Am actually happy to mod...This is a great site!

Jason 04-05-2005 05:47 PM

I think for now, it's be best to promote members who have been around for some time and who have an idea of how things are run. Sorry!

tbaleno 04-05-2005 07:13 PM

I'd mod but there is no way I'd write an article. I totaly hate writing. I also have poor sentence structure and poor speeling.

Jason 04-05-2005 07:14 PM

Haha. Well, perhaps we can work something out. There's a lot going on here, lately, so I'm sure we can find something for you to do :D