Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

GreenHybrid to Open Online Store

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Site Founder

Due to recent jumps in traffic it has become manifest that in the future I may not be able to keep this website operating smoothly without some everyday and emergency funds. However, I do not believe that I ought to subject my visitors to text or banner ads if at all possible. Instead, I would like to open an online store for GreenHybrid merchandise, including hybrid-related t-shirts, license plate frames, bumper stickers, mouse pads, hats, and more.

Through online service CafePress, there are two types of shops. Free "personal" shops allow for a single design for any type of product. In addition, they do not offer a large array of products. The "premium" shop allows for website integration and a larger number of choices. This upgrade is $60 annually.

Now, here's the part where you come in. I need ideas; graphics artists; photographers; people who want to help support your only unbiased hybrid information network online. Interested in lending a hand to your community?
Reply here.

Old 05-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Contributor ($)

I've already got a bunch of good GreenHybid items from them and would like to know if I can make a direct donation to GreenHybrid, too?
Is there a GreenHybrid PayPal account out there or something?

Old 05-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Site Founder

Eric,

Thank you for bringing this up. I don't have a designated Paypal account for GreenHybrid because I have not yet prepared for donations. However, I do have one for SiteSpin (my dev company) as well as a credit card merchant account. The one thing that concerns me with donations is that there isn't any expense that this site currently has, forgetting $8/yr for the domain. For this reason, I'd basically have your donation sitting in my own account and unless the community decides on something they'd like for the money in the budget, your donation will essentially be payment for my work here! Humorous, yes, but I'm trying to be honest and at this point the main concern is not profit. Right now building a strong network is priority one.

So, what this ultimately comes down to is: is a donation to the "Jason worked hard on GreenHybrid" fund what you'd like to support?

Old 05-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Site Founder

On second thought, there had been mention of having a Member of the Month (or week, etc.). Perhaps if we generate some funds we can award gifts to these honorary members. And we'll also have a contingency budget. I sort of like this idea.

What do you say, everyone?

Old 05-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributor ($)

My thought is that when I see a site I like, and I want it to keep going, sometimes I like it when there is a place to doante a few bucks just as a "thanks". Nothing obtrusive, or "in your face", just a little link stating... "If you'd like to donate click here."
My little donation may not amount to much, but if a few people donate here and there, it can help keep the site alive. Especially if it becomes popular enough to run into bandwidth problems.
My other thought is that sometimes people may not want merchandise, and would rather just contribute directly.

Old 05-25-2004, 03:18 AM
Enthusiast

Hello,

Due to recent jumps in traffic it has become manifest that in the future I may not be able to keep this website operating smoothly without some everyday and emergency funds. However, I do not believe that I ought to subject my visitors to text or banner ads if at all possible.
This would be the first thing I'd do.

Good luck!

-Oasis

Old 05-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Site Founder

I've designed the bumper sticker. Comments?

Old 05-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Site Founder

I have completed the donation page and need someone to test it before I can publish it to the public. Essentially, I'm asking for the first donation! If you are interested, please contact me privately so we can get this show on the road. Also, items from the GreenHybrid store will be available as complimentary gifts for those donating certain amounts.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Site Founder

Well, we've hit $60 in the pot, thanks to our latest contributors. That means we have the funds to upgrade to a Premium shop. The only thing missing? Design ideas. Come on, guys! Where are you??