Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Mileage Database Temporarily Down

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Site Founder
Default Mileage Database Temporarily Down

The mileage database has been temporarily taken offline. It seems there are some discrepancies with the data that I need to examine ASAP and edits to the information would cause additional problems. Go ahead and discuss whatever you want here. I do apologize for the inconvenience!

Old 01-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Site Founder

Well, I probably found out what's wrong. I wrote a script to add 1 to each of the member IDs, but apparently during the course of 5,000 replacements, the script hiccupped a lot. I guess that's what I get for trying to tame the beast.

The best course of action may be to revert to the saved version of the database from before the re-sync. All changes since we switched forums would be lost (which, based on the stats, is only about 20 changes. I vote yes.

Oh, still gotta figure out how to add 1 to the ID's. :sad:

By the way, the I mean "database" as in data on a hard drive... not the script itself.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Site Founder

I have reverted the database. I need 3 members to please contact me. I'll need you to test the system and make sure all is normal. If so, I can open it up again. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___If it saves you even 30 minutes, dump the new tanks and go with the old. I have only added 1 tank since the swap and can quite easily re-introduce that tank and all the details without much more then 3 - 4 minutes work.

___I like the small additions you have been performing even before the site SW update. The Mean/Mode (sounds like a Doom 3 attribute) to the RWHMDB was neat and the site and forum colors are now consistent. I know you were partial to Blue and maybe when you have your site stabilized, you can rework the entire sites color scheme to a bluish/gray hue rather then Orange/Green.

___Also and much lower on the list of fixes, default everyone to see [img] tags as embedded pics instead of attachments. It took me a while to find that one in the User CP Another one: “Most users ever online was 275, 01-09-2005 at 02:15 AM.” I think you might want to reset that one? That is unless we had surge of European members that just had to visit GH at 02:15 AM CST is all

___I am contacting you for whatever assistance you need from an end user standpoint with this post …

___Good Luck and I really mean it given what you are going through right now … I only wish I could do more to help

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 01-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Site Founder

Thanks. I'll reply to you (your PM?) with instructions. So you know, I DID revert back to the database from a day or two ago.

I'm just trying to get this all done with before I skip down for DC and in inauguration.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason
Thanks. I'll reply to you (your PM?) with instructions. So you know, I DID revert back to the database from a day or two ago.

I'm just trying to get this all done with before I skip down for DC and in inauguration.
Not to be wierd, but I sent a Private to you Jason. I don't have years worth of data on the Prius yet, but I do have years worth of data on my other car, if you need long term data to put into the system.

I'd be happy to help. I'll be home from work in another 45 minutes, so it would be easy for me to do it before it gets too late.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Site Founder

xcel, sent you a PM. Jerome, unfortunately I had to throw out the newest cars and data when reverting to an old version. You're back to square one. Sorry!

Old 01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Contributor ($)

Jason,
Let me know if you still need help with the database.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason
xcel, sent you a PM. Jerome, unfortunately I had to throw out the newest cars and data when reverting to an old version. You're back to square one. Sorry!
No big deal on reentering the data. Can I assume that I can do it now or possibly later on this evening if I get pulled away from the computer?

Sorry I couldn't have been more help, but I understand what you had to do.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Site Founder

And, we're rolling! Database opened. Thread closed.