Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

More Database Updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Site Founder

The weighting part is what wasn't working. The figures were just plain incorrect. Sometimes a car would have 0's in every tank but the average would turn out to be 60. It made no sense. Regular averages are misleading, however, so I won't use those.

If I have time, I'll figure it out, but it's a pretty low priority.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Well after giving the pulldowns a chance for a while I'm gonna hafta vote with X and say that I prefer the direct method for two reasons. The first reason is just a nitpick, why require 2 clicks when 1 will get the job done. The second reason is that you can't right click a pulldown and "open in new tab" or "open in new window".

It seems that more and more sites are going to this java pulldown stuff and I hate it. My copy of Mozilla is customized for larger fonts so I can read all that small print but the larger font goofs up pulldowns making it impossible to get to some options (at some sites). Also PDF's do not work when opened directly so I need to save them by right clicking. Lots of sites are using "Flash" or Java" and right clicking does not work.

Save the right click!

PS: I realize you are not gonna change it back and don't expect you to.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___After Lakedude’s reply, I was looking at the RWMDB page trying to figure out a way have both the drop down and simple link to the individual models. What if you kept the drop down but had a mouse over for the HCH, Escape, Insight, Prius I, and Prius II as shown in the graphic or possibly below it? I know you do not show the non-hybrid’s anymore (my loss ) but can you do such a thing for the hybrid’s inside the graphic? I don’t know what your graphic SW is capable of but in case it offers an option like that, might I request it?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 12-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Site Founder

Yes, that may be the best option. I'd have to change code every time I add a new vehicle to the graph, but it can be done.