Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

New Forum Software!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Site Founder
Default New Forum Software!

GreenHybrid has updated its forum software to the latest version of vBulletin. There are obviously some major changes, and it will take a bit of work before it is as seemless as it was before. Please bare with me and let me know if you encounter any difficulties. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___A bit OT and I don’t know if you can or have saved it but I had quite a few threads and pics in the old upload forum that I created or contributed too. I would like to have these threads transferred to the Insight forum if at all possible? I still have my posts dialog in Word as well as all the pics but it wouldn’t be any fun to post them all again

___Good Luck w/ the upgrade as I know you have been busy over the last few hours/days.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 01-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Site Founder

Not to worry. Everything is saved and nothing has been deleted! Don't you know I'll take care of everything? =)

The old forum can be accessed here. Unforunately, I think attachments could not be transferred, and the downloads area most likely will have to be canned.

The uploads forum is available on the new board here. It will just take a while to sort through them and salvage the important threads. Would you be able to wait until after I get all this software stuff sorted out?

Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 PM

Hi Jason:

___No problem as I am not in a hurry … Can you change the color of the discussion area to an orange hue instead of a Blue one as a test? The beautiful orange/green GH header doesn’t really match the Bluish discussion forum now?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 01-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Site Founder

If you had any idea how many thousands of settings I have to sort through, you wouldn't be asking yet

I'll be making changes for days to come. Don't you worry.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:35 PM

Hi Jason:

___Yes, I know but you are having too much fun

___Another item … The forum SW default is to leave an edit tag at the end of an edited post. I updated the Congratulations Hypermilers! thread a few minutes ago and will have to continue into the future as hypermilers are added. Can you change the default to leave this edit tag off after an edit? If you do not what this removed globally, you might be able to change it in an individual thread?

___As an edit, make sure you ask everyone to update their profiles as the GMT’s are all off now. Unless you live in Lisbon I believe

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Last edited by xcel; 01-08-2005 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Test edit ...
Old 01-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Site Founder

Wayne, stop whining!

Haha, in all seriousness... that is a very minor change. Let's take care of the major stuff.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:48 PM

Hi Jason:

___Whoooaaaa. That was fast. A little dark on the orange/brown. Just the top bar … Are you having fun yet

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Last edited by xcel; 01-08-2005 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Just editting to edit ...
Old 01-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Forum Software!

Looks good. But, "JUNIOR member?" Sheesh.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: New Forum Software!

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Jason:

___No problem as I am not in a hurry … Can you change the color of the discussion area to an orange hue instead of a Blue one as a test? The beautiful orange/green GH header doesn’t really match the Bluish discussion forum now?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Yeah orange!! Tony Stewart orange!!

Quick Reply: New Forum Software!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands