Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

New Homepage!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___Many of the regular’s including myself will not hit the homepage because you need to click to load the discuss page. What I would like you to consider is on the discuss page (https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/), place a link to the RHMDB in the Quick Links drop down is all.

___Thanks in advance.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 02-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Site Founder

I understand what you mean. I don't think you're getting me. Look at the top-right of every page. The far right. Not the section buttons. There's a form dropdown that says Quick Jump and contains the major pages in the website. Compare Mileage takes you directly to the mileage database.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:44 PM

Hi Jason:

___Perfect and thank you.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 02-21-2005, 04:00 PM

Hi Jason:

___Two more items …

___When adding a new tank to the RHMDB, do we have to log in even though GH itself recognizes us when we visit without having to log in? I am sure the RHMDB is a bit more secure but it feels like the two, GH and the RHMDB are two separate entities when having to log into the second anytime we need to add a tank.

___Secondly, a forum missing from GH’s Discussion area …

Hybrid Buy & Sell

Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

___Am I a pain in your @$$ or what

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 02-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Site Founder

Wayne, I've already started researching how I can tie the two in more closely. It has nothing to do with security, but rather the fact that the mileage database is a completely different application with different code, etc. I need to find a way to make it read and execute code from the vBulletin software.

What forum do you mean? We have a buy/sell forum.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:44 PM

Hi Jason:

___When was that added I always hit the Discuss page that doesn’t show the forums or when I do hit the forums page, it was to hit the RHMDB link. Wow, that was there all this time? I was PO’ed at PriusTN for selling Prius’ out of her dealership and didn’t realize that was already in the Buy/Sell forum.

___Good luck on bringing the code of GH and RHMDB together for the cookie login or however it works.

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 02-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Site Founder

That part shouldn't be TOO bad once I get around to doing it. I just need to research it. Right now I'm trying to tie the entire website into the member system so that you can see where everyone is with the Who's Online list. Previously, the site wouldn't register that you're on unless you come to the Discuss section. Now the Learn section uses the same software so that one works (though it says Unknown Location for now).

Old 02-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Site Founder

I decided the portal page probably isn't ideal for gaining new members, so I made the traditional forum view the main Discuss page. If you'd still like to use the portal page, there's a dark orange link towards the top left, or you can simply go to /discuss/vbindex.php