Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Our Announcements (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/)
-   -   New Site Homepage (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/new-site-homepage-2293/)

Jason 05-19-2005 07:37 PM

New Site Homepage

GreenHybrid has launched a new homepage! Be sure to check it out. The old page was completely pointless and served no purpose to our visitors. Now, everything's dynamic (updates automatically) and purposeful! Enjoy.

lakedude 05-19-2005 07:58 PM

Re: New Site Homepage

Very nice!

xcel 05-19-2005 09:29 PM

Hi Jason:

___Although it is far more useful now, I missed that cool start button and the orange color splash. The white background/black text looks all too familiar … The way the news and info is presented in the 3 columns looks eerily familiar as well but I cannot place which web site I visit that I see a similar format. The pics have no mouse over. How about a link to the specs or individual discussion forums from them?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Jason 05-19-2005 09:33 PM

Wayne,
Sorry you're not too fond of it. For the sake of usability, search engine optimization and presence, I do think it's the best choice, though. As far as the columns looking familiar, there are thousands of sites that use three-column layouts and the portal/blog feel is relatively popular nowadays. I do plan on having clickable cars in the near future. Right now, there's no place to go to, though :)

Jason 05-19-2005 10:19 PM

New feature alert! A dropdown on the top-right of the homepage allows you to select any forum to view news feeds from. Perty neat, eh?

billyt1963 05-20-2005 03:49 AM

I am glad you are going to busy this week or the whole site would have been re-designed!:D

I like the new looks. It was different the first time I logged in, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Billy