Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Out of Town

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Site Founder
Default Out of Town

I'll be leaving town tomorrow the 16th for Washington, DC for the presidential inauguration. I'll freeze my butt off (remember, I'm from Orlando!), but it'll be fun anyway. On Friday I'll be back, so don't cry. Ciao!

Old 01-15-2005, 06:39 PM

Going to protest?

Old 01-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Site Founder

No, not at all. I'll be with the Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference. And enjoying myself, too. Who said I was a radical left-winged liberal?

Old 01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason
No, not at all. I'll be with the Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference. And enjoying myself, too. Who said I was a radical left-winged liberal?
Hear, hear!

What a wonderful opportunity. If I was in high school again I certainly would take advantage of this kind conference. High school wasn't all that long ago for me. My class will celebrate its 10th anniversary this year, so I'm not too out of it, and I work with high schoolers on the weekends. Have fun!

Old 01-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Site Founder

Welp, I'm back in town, again. I'm also extremely exhuasted, so give me a bit to catch up

Old 01-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome back Jason!

I hope while you were in DC that you shared a couple of soft drinks with Mr. Bush and convinced him to support a real effort to help the public understand that we must all change our driving habits and vehicles to make our dependence on oil less and understand that the Greenhouse effects will someday change our world for our kids and grandkids.

I hope he can find someplace in the budget for some substantial R & D for better Hybrids because I am convinced that the leap to Hydrogen and to Fuel Cells is a much bigger ravine than most will acknowledge.

Rest up and thanks for being an Advocate.

Mike

Old 01-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Site Founder

Oh, no long chats with Mr. Bush. The most intimate I got with him was in the America's Future Rocks Today concert with 9,999 companions. Then, there was the inauguration itself, and I'm sure he was one of the little ants around the other 99,998 ants.