Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Our Announcements (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/)
-   -   Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/owner-greenhybrid-moves-houston-3115/)

Jason 08-11-2005 12:24 PM

Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston

Welp, it's time, my friends. Those of you who have known me for a while are aware that I'm moving from Orlando, Florida to Houston, Texas to attend Rice University on Friday the 12th. That's tomorrow.

It'll be a two-day drive and I most definitely won't have Internet access from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon when I move into my college dorm/suite. Even when I do regain access, it will be orientation week and I'll likely be on the site very little.

If there are any important issues, please contact me ASAP so I may resolve them immediately. Overall, I think things are going pretty darn well around here! The Real Hybrid Mileage Database 2.0 has been launched and is [as far as I know] bug-free. I've just implemented units conversion for displaying the data. You can change your units system in your User CP Options (Discuss section). When I get the time I'll go the whole mile and make automatic conversions for adding data, as well.

The site is more popular than ever, there's a wealth of information, a large crew of helpful members and moderators, almost 10 million miles logged and a myriad of hybrid photos. Thanks to you!

It's been great this past year and a half and I look forward to what I consider to be the next "phase" in my life. There are more great things ahead with this site and hybrid cars, so stay tuned! Thanks again and I should be back in heart and mind in a week or so! ;)

lars-ss 08-11-2005 12:50 PM

Re: Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston

Good Luck and Smooth Sailing for you Jay-Dude.............Thanks for creating this very informative and innovative website.....

If you have any IT-related classes and get an assignment to create a website, then Voila you are already done !!! :D

lakedude 08-11-2005 02:48 PM

Yes, good luck in school. Stay away from women majoring in MRS.

Is there a reason the database is rounding down now? The Civic MT and Prius 2 were both at 48 before because 47.7 was rounded up. Now the system is rounding down?

Schwa 08-11-2005 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
I've just implemented units conversion for displaying the data. You can change your units system in your User CP Options (Discuss section). When I get the time I'll go the whole mile and make automatic conversions for adding data, as well.

It might be a good idea to make a pop-up menu for choosing units instead of the link to the user CP for unregistered users, otherwise people have to register just to look at the graph in their native numbers... Looks good so far!

Jason 08-11-2005 04:26 PM

lakedude,
I know what the problem is and will look into it right now.
[edit] Fixed. [/edit]

Schwa,
When I have more time, which definitely isn't now ;)

billyt1963 08-11-2005 05:53 PM

Good luck on your move Jason, I hope everything goes smoothly.

Billy

Schwa 08-11-2005 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
lakedude,
I know what the problem is and will look into it right now.
[edit] Fixed. [/edit]

Schwa,
When I have more time, which definitely isn't now ;)

Yup, just putting it out there. :) GL with all the moving and new school.

The solution to that problem seems to have leaked into the metric graph, it's rounding off to the nearest whole number now.

Jason 08-11-2005 09:43 PM

Should be fixed now. Checking and then signing off. Adios!

SunByrne 08-14-2005 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by lakedude
Stay away from women majoring in MRS.

Don't worry about that one--not many of those here at Rice.

Delta Flyer 08-15-2005 05:07 AM

The best thing about moving to Houston at this time of the year, is fall is around the corner - the end of hot muggy summers and ozone days. :(

Jason 08-15-2005 01:25 PM

Just checking in. Things are real busy and I'm not sure how much I'll be on the site this next week. Chuck, it sure IS muggy! Man... ;) I uploaded a FAQ for the mileage database that I typed up while on the road. Enjoy.

If ya'll need anything, let me know. For some reason my outbound email isn't working, though so I'm looking into it.

texashchman 08-15-2005 01:40 PM

Jason is that what it's called here, muggy?...lol Good luck in your studies here.Kevin

AZCivic 08-15-2005 08:19 PM

Hey, at least Houston doesn't get any where near as many cities destroyed by hurricanes each year!

texashchman 08-16-2005 05:32 AM

But this city was built on low land and it floods real easy. It is only about 50 miles from the Gulf so a storm can do major damage here.Kevin

xcel 08-16-2005 09:00 AM

Hi Texashchman:

___I just pictured a 150’ wave rolling over southeastern Texas like NY got his with in the middle of last year! For those that do not know what I am talking about, this is a screenshot from the movie “Day after Tomorrow”.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...erTomorrow.jpg

___Jason, I bet you never thought to bring your life preserver ;)

___Good Luck down at Rice.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

JeromeP 08-18-2005 03:49 PM

I wish you the best at school Jason. I had a friend who was in Houston a year ago about this time going to school to be a profusionist. She is back up in my neck of the woods, however her comment was the same about the weather being humid and muggy.

So, how many weeks until school officially starts? It can't be long now.