Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Real Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___Yes, I am as I placed more data about the Insight in there.

___As for the 01-03 Prius, look whose driving it! I think he just picked it up recently as well …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Site Founder

xcel,

I just created a transparency effect that is viewable on some browsers (not mine). The problem is that it's also making the text transparent. I don't have time to fix it now, though. Do you like how it's headed?

Old 03-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Site Founder

I have increased reliability of the database calculations by creating a new field when creating a car: Modified. If the car has been modified for performance or mileage, it is excluded from the averages on the main page, and the name of the car reflects this status.

Walla!

Old 03-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Site Founder

There are now links to download the database car and trip data. Enjoy!

Old 03-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Site Founder

The database now pulls the national gas price from gaspricewatch.com and uses it to calculate costs for gas amounts

Old 03-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Hi Jason:

___Unfortunately, lmpg’s and absolute highs are still not distinguishable. Just read the descriptions and you can see a few absolute highs in the list vs. lmpg’s without a way of knowing what is what. Another problem is with the UK based Insight, I believe it achieved its absolute high mpg segment under British - Imperial Gallons. This is exaggerated a bit from the US spec’ed gallons. The last problem is that as time goes on, lmpg’s AND absolutes will increase for all the vehicles above. There probably isn’t an 04 Prius with 20,000 on it in the country yet their lmpg’s will increase as it warms up well … I am personally picking up ~ .4 mpg/week right now w/ my lmpg topping off at a hopeful 82 - 83 lmpg sometime this summer. The absolute highs are also going to fall by the wayside quickly. I still see many absolute highs and short trip segment’s in the list which skew the averages pretty badly?

___I still have no way to enter the absolute high mpg’s of the 03 Corolla LE or the MDX Touring unfortunately? Once you get all of this straightened out, I will E-Mail Chisight to place his own personal bests into the list. You are going to be picking up your teeth from the floor after you see those!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 03-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Site Founder

Wayne,

You lost me in the first couple sentences. There is no capability for high mileage trips -- the database is made to compute lifetime mielages based on the data it's given.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:13 PM

Hi Jason:

___Read through the descriptions. Impetus’ 04 Prius hit a 75 mpg absolute on a 35 mile segment? Mark’s Insight performed its average on a 659 segment w/ Imperial gallons. Grncar’s segment came from a 52 mile run. Rick Reece’s lmpg is 89.x mpg over 80,000 miles yet he has had tankful after tankful of 100 + mpg tanks over the last year or two … The numbers can’t be correlated because you cannot see the difference between LMPG’s, mpg’s/tank, and/or Absolute high’s.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 03-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Site Founder

xcel,

What you failed to realize is that only Insights provide a LMPG value. The Prius does NOT. This database was created to CALCULATE this LMPG -- I have no need for absolute highs. MPG/tank is the usual increment for a trip plot.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:52 PM

Hi Jason:

___Then please look over the data posted to date. The 04 Prius showing 75 mpg is not based on lmpg or even a tank. It’s a 35 mile segment. Most every Insight listed is posted with a segment, lmpg, year average, or absolute high. If it’s a lifetime mpg database, you have to make room for Hybrid’s with even more data available to them then just the 04 Prius as this is what an Insighter sees every time he/she boots up the car. As it stands, the data base is a mix and match of every kind of number imaginable and the numbers will only get worse as Prius’, Insight’s, and HCH’s, get more miles on them. It just doesn’t make any sense to create a lifetime mileage Database if you do not make room for all of the available information or make room for information as it changes. I don’t know of a single Prius, HCH, or Insight owner whose mileage is not steadily climbing as the temperatures warm over the last few weeks myself? You should have already seen this yourself as your new driving techniques have improved your Prius’ mileage over the last 2 to 3 weeks …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Quick Reply: Real Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands