Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Real Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Site Founder

It's quite alright. As you can see, I have already changed much of the text so that people know exactly what I'm looking for. Right now I'm adding a new interface to add high or low trips to a car or override all data with a LMPG.

BTW how do you like the new hybrid-to-nonhybrid comparison on the front page?

Old 03-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Contributor ($)

Ahhhhhhhh. That's better.
Now I am with the program.

Eric

Old 03-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Site Founder

IMPORTANT:

I have spent literally the whole second half of my day rewriting much of the database code to add new features. It is now possible to define a best trip, a worst trip, and override all database calculations with your own LMPG and ODO reading.

It may sound simple, but it was definitely tricky to integrate it into the entire database, because it simply was not equipped to deal with values overriding other values.

PLEASE try some things out and if you spot any bugs, let me know. Hopefully tomorrow I'll send out an email to anyone who has posted data yet and inform them of the new changes so that they can update/fix their data.

Lastly, is everything more self-explanatory now?

I have completed most of the "changes" I decided to make in order to have more reliable data. What do you think?

Old 03-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

i really liked how i didnt have to select the month or location again.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Site Founder

lol. I put in lik 6 hours of work and all you notice is something that took me 5 minutes to do?

Old 03-09-2004, 08:24 PM

its the little things ;-)
i like the comparison of the non-hybrid to hybrid fuel cost. the only peave i have about that is that the non-hybrid fuel cost istn really a representation of the non-hybrids of people that actually care what they pay at the pump.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Site Founder

I don't see what you mean. The only data I used from the DOE were the # of vehicles (irrelevant) and the mileage of these cars. For reasons of comparison, I calculated gallons and cost based on the same distance as our hybrids traveled.

If you mean that these car owners don't TRY to get better fuel economy, you're probably right. But, what statistics should I compare to? Anyway, this IS a hybrid site -- expect to find a little bias

Then again, I assume that the stats I gathered are based on EPA, which most know are inflated figures. If this is true, then the non-hybrid mileage figure is actually HIGH!

Old 03-09-2004, 08:29 PM

errr, well that is the average for all non-hybrid vehicles on the road right? i dont think that average is really a representation of the average mpg of cars purchased by people who care...not really a problem...just a peave...like having to turn the key different directions on the passenger vs. the drivers side of the car in toyotas...

Old 03-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Site Founder

Oh, who cares It's government statistics. You can fight it out with them.
I need to hunt down any remaining bugs in the code, tomorrow.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Contributor ($)

Thanks for the changes and clarifications. I have added the additional details. I am coiming up on a new tank soon. It should be my best ever. I look forward to posting it.

I like the hybrid to non-hybrid comparison. Very clever!

Eric

Quick Reply: Real Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands