Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Our Announcements (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/)
-   -   RED Contest Entrees (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/red-contest-entrees-1608/)

Jason 03-17-2005 01:00 PM

RED Contest Entrees

Post your entrees here for the first official GreenHybrid community contest.

gbl102 03-17-2005 01:43 PM

User gallery

We love our cars. So lets take pictures of them and share them with everyone else! Who doesn't love to show off their latest modifcation, or whatever. I predict lots of pictures of high mpg readouts. :)

jahwerx 03-18-2005 08:59 AM

Possibility

How about a true one-stop "marketplace" where sponsors could list their products, the community could "rate" products.

I realize a lot of hybrid owners aren't "pimping their rides", but as time goes on and more types of hybrids are available, people may want to enhance them.

Plus, this could drive even more sponsor demand in the long run for a self-sustaining site.

tbaleno 03-18-2005 01:38 PM

Chat room ;) I've said it before and I'll say it again.

TXRPh 03-18-2005 10:37 PM

How 'bout a section with the newest laws and regulations concerning Hybrids (i.e. tax credits, links, HOV status) for those interested in buying a Hybrid...or perhaps a Tips & Tricks section - but I guess that might fall under the "Learn" section...

hawkGT647 03-20-2005 05:59 AM

After reading many posts to this site and other hybrid sites, it seems there is a need for an area that will take all the environmental and conservation issues into account, beyond just motor vehicles.

Give people somewhere to go to share information and ideas about all forms of conservation, at home and at work. Make it a place to get everyone to stop and think about changes that can make a difference.

Regards,

ogakor 03-21-2005 05:23 AM

"Garage Sale." Everything hybrid, from cars to parts, wanted and for sale.

EricGo 03-21-2005 04:24 PM

Area name: ALT

Sub Catergories
Enviro Politics
Emerging Technologies that may improve hybrids, or are of interest to hybrid owners
----Battery
----Windmills
----Diesel
----Fuel Cells
Auto Mods
-----Just plain cool
-----That improve FE
Conservation

Jason 03-21-2005 06:43 PM

I don't want to really comment on the entrees so far, but Eric, why "ALT?"

EricGo 03-22-2005 07:56 AM

Hey Jason, if there was any doubt you are a lot younger than me, it is now dispelled :)

I think I know it from the Usenet newsgroups. The original core focus was on computer related topics, but when people wanted to talk about something peripheral or unrelated, they started an alt.*.* group.