Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Our Announcements (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/)
-   -   Slashdot Links to GreenHybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/our-announcements-8/slashdot-links-greenhybrid-2164/)

Jason 05-09-2005 08:57 PM

Slashdot Links to GreenHybrid

Many of you noticed the server crashed tonight. About 15 minutes prior, I submitted our press release to Slashdot.org, who then published the story and sent tens of thousands of visitors our way. For the past few hours, I've been frantically getting systems back on line, though a few features are still disabled.

Welcome to all our new visitors from Slashdot. Welcome to GreenHybrid! :D

tbaleno 05-09-2005 09:09 PM

Re: Slashdot Links to GreenHybrid

There goes the neighbor hood.

:embarass:

:cry:

;)

ericbecky 05-09-2005 10:23 PM

Welcome Slashdot members. There is a lot to see and learn here at GreenHybrid. Feel free to add your own car to the real mileage database. The more the merrier!

Jason 05-10-2005 06:16 AM

I wish I did this earlier, but I just redirected the homepage to a mirror server. This reduced the server load and appears to be getting rid of those errors. Hope it stays this way.

Jason 05-10-2005 06:37 AM

Traffic from Slashdot alone has far surpassed last month's total traffic -- in unique visitors. The main database page is static for now, but as of this moment there are over 5.4 million miles in the database. And to think I JUST wrote the press release for 5 million. By tonight, it may hit 6! :)

lars-ss 05-10-2005 07:13 AM

Welcome Slashdot visitors !! If you like Hybrids, or are mildly interested in Hybrid technology, GreenHybrid.com is a fun place to be !! Sign up and support the Hybrid revolution !!!

Jason 05-10-2005 08:43 AM

I'm periodically checking up on the site when I can. There are still tons of database errors and it's going to be hell to clean up when I get home. Meanwhile, we're at 5.9 million miles in the database. Thanks to Slashdot, 900,000 miles have been added in less than 24 hours.

xcel 05-10-2005 09:34 AM

Hi Jason:

Originally Posted by Jason
Meanwhile, we're at 5.9 million miles in the database. Thanks to Slashdot, 900,000 miles have been added in less than 24 hours.

___Oh boy, I probably have some catching up to do as well ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Jason 05-10-2005 12:02 PM

Houston, we've hit 6 million.

lars-ss 05-10-2005 12:22 PM

Amazing !! What a great source of real-world MPG it has become.....hard to deny 6,000,000 miles for all the "hybrid doubters" out there....Boo-Yah !!