Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Upcoming Server Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:28 PM
CarsDirect Staff
Default Upcoming Server Maintenance

First, a quick introduction: My name is Tony, and I am a technical project manager for CarsDirect. From a systems and development standpoint, I will by managing the GreenHybrid website. Basically, if it has a geek factor, it falls to my court.

For the most part, I should be pretty invisible and behind the scenes, though I do lurk in the forums. However, you will be seeing some impact from my work over the next week or two. We are in the process of moving GreenHybrid to a brand new server. As a result, the forums and mileage database may be unavailable for an hour or two at a time.

I really apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will do everything in our power to keep the disruptions as short as possible. The move should not impact the site in any way. It is just a move to a new home.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Upcoming Server Maintenance

If you could, please add a posting after the maintenance to let us know it happened. Sometimes stuff breaks and knowing if we are in or out of the maintenance window will let us know if we need to report it.

BTW, GOOD LUCK! Glad to meet you.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-26-2006, 04:51 PM
CarsDirect Staff

Just wanted to post a quick update. We performed a test move this week, that went very smoothly. We hope to move everything over for real early next week.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Tony
Just wanted to post a quick update. We performed a test move this week, that went very smoothly. We hope to move everything over for real early next week.
I don't know if it is related but the web site seemed a little slow Friday morning just after midnight to now. Hopefully, not problem on your side.

Bob Wilson

Old 05-05-2006, 10:09 AM
CarsDirect Staff

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I don't know if it is related but the web site seemed a little slow Friday morning just after midnight to now. Hopefully, not problem on your side.

Bob Wilson
It wasn't us that we know of. The current server is really feeling the load right now, which is part of why we are trying to get it switched over.

The final cutover is now scheduled for next Monday (we were delayed because of some DNS challenges). So, Tuesday morning, you should 'see' a shiny new server behind the scenes. (Although, the Network guys didn't seem interested in my suggestion of putting a picture of Kermit the frog on the front of the box for some strange reason...)

Old 05-08-2006, 10:21 AM
CarsDirect Staff

Just a quick update...

GreenHybrid.com will be unavailable tonight between 10pm and 1am PDT as we do the final move to the new server.

Thanks for all of your patience during this process!

Tony

Old 05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
CarsDirect Staff

The final cutover went very smoothly last night, and we are now running on the new box. If you see any issues, please be sure to let me know.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Can't get the mileage database to let me to enter a tank for my non-hybrid vehicle... I get the following errors:
Warning: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ./math_stats/Stats.php on line 22

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'PEAR.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in ./math_stats/Stats.php on line 22

Old 05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I get the same errors as GeekGal (adding a hybrid vehicle tank)

Last edited by Shiloh; 05-09-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok - now this is interesting... I got those errors but yet my tank still apparently posted. Actually it posted twice because I went in to look at all of the 4wd HiHy's and noticed that my total mileage was too high. I then went into my vehicle and successfully deleted the duplicate tank, getting errors on the deletion also but the duplicate tank is, in fact, now gone.

Quick Reply: Upcoming Server Maintenance

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands