BMW Seven

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Engineering first
Default BMW Seven

I was watching "Top Gear" when a commercial came on for the BMW Seven:

http://askautomotive.blogspot.com/20...gen-seven.html

BMW has finally launched the much awaited Hydrogen 7 Pioneer Program today. The new car is the automaker's very first hydrogen-propped car under the luxury sedan line-up for BMW. . . .
BMW also pointed out that the Hydrogen 7 is not a concept car but only 100 cars will be produced . . . Among these 100 cars, 25 of it will be submitted for an evaluation in the US. . . .

The company also mentioned that this new car is not for sale. . . .
BMW, knowing its significance in the industry, chose a celebrity like Ferrell to drive the first Hydrogen 7 because they are trying to influence people on how important it is to save the environment through the support of these popular figures.
. . . Other celebrities associated with the car include Peter Liguori, Richard Gere and Sharon Stone, Davis Guggenheim and Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck for the US and Michael Glos, Gunter Verheugen and Anna Netrebko.
A TV commercial for a car that is not for sale . . . yes indeed,"neue Kleidung des Kaisers." Why when I want excellent car advice, I always go looking for an actor . . . say Katie Morgan.

Bob Wilson

Old 09-30-2008, 12:07 AM
ice
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: BMW Seven

Sounds nice. I'll search some video of that...

Old 09-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

they have been around for awhile, BMW gave them to some celebs in Souther Cal. in 2007 i believe. The commercials are hard to miss because they fill a clear 7 with water if that makes sense. 7's are great cars and the technology is there, just not enough fueling stations.

I did see there was a Green home built in Malibu that won several awards and it was for sale, BMW offered a 3 year lease on a hydro 7 to the buyer of the home.
Kudos to BMW for pushing Hydrogen and for putting it in their flagship car.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast

jay leno has one he even drank the exhaust

Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Petersen's Automotive Museum in Los Angeles is getting two BMW Hydrogen 7 cars for a while and they will have a ride and drive for those in the area who want to check them out.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast

Too bad that BMW has decided to halt the development of the Hydrogen 7. Perhaps it was because of poor economic times or because they didn't see liquid hydrogen fuel as something many vendors wanted to carry in the future.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:13 AM
Enthusiast

Good concept, The BMW 7 runs on liquid hydrogen. The big advantage of hydrogen powered engines is that its easy to modify with existing engines. This fuel setup would really help a lot.

Honda motorcycles