University of Waterloo Alternate Fuels Team

Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default University of Waterloo Alternate Fuels Team

Hello Everybody,
I have been posting this message on as many highlander hybrid forms as popssible so if you have seen it before, thank you for looking. My name is Curtis Knischewsky and I am a mechanical engineering student at the University of Waterloo here in Ontario, Canada. I am an active member of the "UWAFT" Team (University of Waterloo Alternative Fuels Team) which is competing in General Motor's Challenge X. The competition comprises of 17 north american schools each modifying a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox to run on an 'alternative fuel'. We are the only school choosing to do a hydrogen fuel cell / electric hybrid. I am posting on this forum because the next stage of the competition is consumer accepability. This means that we must have a car comparable to a stock 2005 Equinox rolling off the production line. We are very interested in pursuing the 2007 Highlander air conditioning compressor for the Equinox. We are requesting a huge favor from the hybrid community. We would like to take a look at this compressor and are asking anyone with a 2007 Highlander in the Kitchener-Waterloo area to let us peak under the hood of their vehicle for a day or two. Financial reimbersment is available for those who require it. I understand this is a tall order. Thank you all very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Curtis Knischewsky
UWAFT
Mechanical Undergraduate