2009 Ford Fusion Hybrid Photos

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Ford Fusion Hybrid Photos

I'm not a Ford fan by any means but more the merrier when it comes to hybrids. No competition as far as I'm concerned, they both will do the job.
However, when it comes to reliability I'm betting on Toyota. But pulling for Ford to get in the game and compete (ignoring the FEH, talking cars).

Old 10-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Energy Independence

I'm with you, Dan, the more the merrier. So long as newer players don't ruin the reputation, but I don't see that happening. Especially with Ford, who already has a big winner in the Escape/Mariner Hybrids.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eatmichael
We offer Professional diagnostic tools(Ford VCM, Mercedes Benz Star, Lexia-3 Citroen/Peugeot diagnostic tool, BMW Gt1, Renault CAN Clip, Honda & Acura Diagnostic System, TOYOTA Tester-2, VOLVO VCT2000, X431, ect), Mileage Correction(Tacho Universal), ECU chip tunning, Key Programmers, Airbag reseters, Immobilizer Login, ELM Tools, ect.

Email: sales2@auto-diagnostic.biz
Just a tad bit off topic... With your email there I hope some 419 scammer gets it and gives you what you deserve...

Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Just a tad bit off topic... With your email there I hope some 419 scammer gets it and gives you what you deserve...

you are soooo ~vicious

Old 10-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by test54
I'm not a Ford fan by any means but more the merrier when it comes to hybrids. No competition as far as I'm concerned, they both will do the job.
However, when it comes to reliability I'm betting on Toyota. But pulling for Ford to get in the game and compete (ignoring the FEH, talking cars).

Chech Consumer Reports, JD Powers, Insight....Fusion is ranked higher in quality then Camry. Is the #1 mid size car according to ConsumerReports. Better quality car for a lower price and American...sounds like a win, win, win to me. And now with a Hybrid Fusion, wow! something else. You see the press release today, will run under electric power up to 47 MPH!!! Go Ford!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FusionHybrid09
Chech Consumer Reports, JD Powers, Insight....Fusion is ranked higher in quality then Camry. Is the #1 mid size car according to ConsumerReports. Better quality car for a lower price and American...sounds like a win, win, win to me. And now with a Hybrid Fusion, wow! something else. You see the press release today, will run under electric power up to 47 MPH!!! Go Ford!

Wonder if Ford will treat this one as a 'real product' instead of unobtanium oddity like the Escape Hybrid. When I was shopping for a car, looked in 4 states, with 0 availability, and 'special order' time of > 6 mos. The Escape Hybrid may be a very good vehicle, but until it's readily available, it's pretty irrelevant.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ford is touting "at least 38 mpg" for the FFH.

nf

Old 11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got to love the foreign car trolls here. To them there is no other real choice. Too bad their jobs are not tied to their spending habits. Oh wait they are they just don't have enough sense to know it yet.

The FEH is New York, and San Francisco taxi tested to 200,000 + miles. I would love to see how folks would feel about stuffing into the back seat of a toyoda or a honda. Same drive train will go into the Fusion so it too is by default taxi tested tough.

Ford will rock the Camry Hybrid and as pointed out it is rated higher by JD Powers.

Time the foreign lovers woke up and smelled the real world, their beloved [Japanese rjw] cars are not the second coming just one of many.

Last edited by AllenF; 12-03-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:09 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AllenF
Got to love the foreign car trolls here. To them there is no other real choice. Too bad their jobs are not tied to their spending habits. Oh wait they are they just don't have enough sense to know it yet.

The FEH is New York, and San Francisco taxi tested to 200,000 + miles. I would love to see how folks would feel about stuffing into the back seat of a toyoda or a honda. Same drive train will go into the Fusion so it too is by default taxi tested tough.

Ford will rock the Camry Hybrid and as pointed out it is rated higher by JD Powers.

Time the foreign lovers woke up and smelled the real world, their beloved [Japanese rjw] cars are not the second coming just one of many.
Again, if Ford produces these in decent volumes, and at a competitive price - great. Personally, I didn't care that much for certain aspects of a Fusion - a bit too much of the bling-bling chrome look, rough ride, and somewhat closed in, but the Synch is WAY cool. If Ford delivers the hybrid fusion as a 'real product' that's readily available at a competitive price (instead of a publicity stunt) the specs certainly sound good.

And I don't know about others' experience, but my inquiries on a FEH were left with either dumb looks or answers of 8+mos waiting. That's not treating the car like a viable product in my book. I've owned various makes over the years (AMC, Opel, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Toyota, and Honda) The last 2 Ford vehicles I had were decent enough - no major failures, and only a couple of minor ones. The few minor complaints were made frustrating by the dealership staffing model where there was a lack of proper diagnostics training on the part of the line techs. It took repeat visits and escalation to a master tech to properly diagnose and repair the vehicle. Unless this support has improved, a complex system like a hybrid will prove a very frustrating ownership experience. Not because of a lack of quality of the vehicle, but due to repeated come-backs to remedy the simple problems. The more complex the vehicle system, the more critical that both the initial quality and the support system become.

Last edited by bwilson4web; 11-28-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dave

Dealers are what they are. Just like people some are better or worse than others. If you expect good ones every where you will be disappointed every where. You must become more than one who assumes to be treated top notch. Otherwise you will be fair game for the less than upright.

Sadly we all must become informed consumers. Buy from the good dealers and tell all who will listen about the bad ones over time they will be gone.

As for the Ford Fusion being a real product I think you missed the fact that it is. No doubt about that one. Try not to spread FUD as it makes one look silly IMO. Ford says early next year most likely first quarter. So far they look to be right on schedule.

That FEH are hard to find has more to do with the Japanese than Ford. They hold their suppliers with a tight fist as to who gets batteries and transmissions first. Ford is left out in the cold. This looks to change with true American sources. If this works out then there should be better supplies to fill market demand. Also good paying American jobs too.

So as I said earlier this fusion may not be perfect but it looks to be better than the foreign alternatives. It is based on the VERY durable and successful FEH platform and these are very well tested in the Taxi market. Folks here have very small issues and this has been my case for the past year. I would recommend Ford any day and I used to be GM all the way. I have owned German cars too. I have found the foreign cars cost more for parts and insurance. This eats in to their perceived reliability cost savings. Their plastics and fabrics have been junk in the past and those seats are to tight for middle to larger American frames. While Prius folks all get less than the EPA rated mpg's FEH owners are at or above the EPA rating.

That and AWD capabilty makes for a nice roomy package indeed.

Quick Reply: 2009 Ford Fusion Hybrid Photos

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands