2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Default Re: 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

Originally Posted by Red
Gary - thanks for the information. I called my salesperson and he said they were advised of the verification process after (I thought) my order was submitted. So he was gathering up the material to submit to Ford.

Interesting to note - all hybrid orders must be verified with a copy of the purchase order and copy of the drivers license (block out the SS#, date of birth and license #.) So, some purchasers may think they have an order in the system, only to find out it needs to be verified before Ford will consider scheduling it.

I'm hoping for June production. The IRS only requires you can verify you bought (ordered) the hybrid before 3/31 to qualify for the incentive. I will use a copy of the dated DOR since it will have my name on it with the order date.
The Georgia legislature is still trying to establish a state incentive that will apply to hybrids. It looks like we can get an Alternative Fuel tag for $20 or $25 which permits us to travel in the HOV lanes, regardless of occupant count. Probably would not be worth it to me, as the boss doesn't let me get far from the porch without her. Georgia is also considering a 7% tax on a new vehicle (up to $1,500) and no more "Ad Valorum" annual fees after the purchase.

Thanks again Gary, you have good contacts!
No contacts Red, ice-capades on the Blueoval.com site posted this and other valuable information for the public.

I get the use of the HOV lanes in Florida for $5 a year if I want, so $25 seems like a scam. I am a disabled Battalion Chief and have a handicap parking sticker that gets me free metered parking for 5 years for $3 which is an even better bargain. My work now involves pick-up and delivery at the County Courthouse so free parking is a blessing. Driving a Hybrid and hypermiling is the other blessing.

GaryG

Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

This was sent to me by my sales person today. It is very similar to the post by Gary a few days ago. Of note, it specifically says that an "order" by 3/31 qualifies for the full tax credit. Here it is:

Here is info from Ford on the tax credit for the Fusion Hybrid.
Bob

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Motor Company******************************************* ************************************************** ********************************* One Premier Place
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********* Irvine, CA 92618
************************************************** ************************************************** *************************** *************** *************** February 27, 2009
To: California Region Ford & Lincoln Mercury Dealer Principals**
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
The 2010 Fusion and Milan Hybrids are arriving early this spring and are clearly made for the environmentally conscious California consumer.* The all-new 41mpg 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrid will be the "most fuel-efficient mid-size sedan in America."* Fusion/Milan Hybrid delivers all the fun-to-drive characteristics while having a fuel economy that beats Camry Hybrid by at least 6 mpg in city driving.*
Early reaction to the 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrid has been very strong and we anticipate it will generate excitement and interest in the entire Fusion/Milan line-up.* Already huge media attention has put these products on the radar for early adapter customers in California.* While these products are still a few weeks away from arriving at dealerships, we wanted to review the Retail Order opportunity these vehicles present and how it pertains to the Tax Credit rebate.
Dealers in California have tremendous opportunity to pre-sell as many 2010MY Fusion/Milan Hybrids as possible.* Dealers can now aggressively solicit legitimate retail business and have the confidence of telling customers that their retail order will be built.* These retail orders are over and above your wholesale allocation so the sooner you act the better!
Retail Order Eligibility Details
·******** Only legitimate retail orders verified through the newly developed Retail Order Verification Process will be considered for scheduling
·******** Retail orders must be placed by March 31, 2009, no extensions beyond this date will be considered
·******** Eligible order types are 1, 3, A, X, Z, D Only
·******** Retail orders must be clean and buildable by March 31, 2009 and verification process must be completed by April 3, 2009.* No exceptions or extensions will be considered
·******** This program may end prior to March 31, 2009 if the number of verified retail orders exceeds available production capacity
·******** Only eligible and verified orders meeting the above listed criteria will be considered for scheduling above and beyond any dealer allocation commitment
Please refer to EFC #0200944 or ask your Zone Manager for instructions on the retail order verification progress.
Tax Credit Update
Since Ford Motor Company reached the 60,000 vehicle threshold in the 4th Quarter of 2008, under current federal law the tax credit amounts are reduced by 50% beginning April 1, 2009 and by an additional 25% beginning October 1, 2009.* No tax credit amount is available for hybrids after March 31, 2010. Customers who order or purchase any Hybrids by 3/31/09 will remain eligible for the full tax credit amounts. (This applies to Retail Orders of Fusion/Milan Hybrid.
Currently, two competitors have been affected by the credit phase-out:**
Toyota / Lexus - As of October 1, 2007, tax credits are no longer available for Toyota or Lexus hybrid vehicles.
Honda – Beginning on January 1, 2009, tax credits will no longer be available for Honda hybrid vehicles.*
Comparison of Current Tax Credits
The chart below shows the federal tax credits currently available on select competitor vehicles (as of January, 2009, IRS and EPA websites).* 2010 MY data and additional 2009 MY data are not yet published on IRS website.
09 Nissan Altima Hybrid

$2,350

09 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 2WD********

$2,200

09 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid AWD

$1,800

09 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid

$1,550

09 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid (2WD & 4WD)

$2,200

09 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid (2WD & 4WD)

$2,200

09 GMC Yukon 1500 Hybrid (2WD & 4WD)

$2,200

09 GMC Sierra Hybrid (2WD & 4WD)

$2,200

09 Saturn Aura Hybrid

$1,550

09 Saturn Vue Hybrid

$1,550

************************************************** *****************************
For complete information on the federal tax credit program, visit the IRS website at http://www.irs.gov
As you can see, the Tax Credit alone lends a real advantage over competitive products on Fusion/Milan Hybrid retail orders placed in the system by March 31st.* We encourage you to work with your sales teams to target customers and get retail orders of theses products before the end of March.* California has always been the hybrid capital of the nation, and this is our chance to get an un-fair share of hybrid products into the California market place. The Fusion/Milan Hybrid is just the product to show California trendsetters that Ford Motor Company has the best gasoline-electric hybrid yet.
/S/
Hal Dewsnap
Regional Manager****

Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red
Georgia is also considering a 7% tax on a new vehicle (up to $1,500) and no more "Ad Valorum" annual fees after the purchase.
7% tax, in addition to sales tax? Wouldn't that make it like 14% to buy a new car?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Georgia and Fulton County charges a total 7% on the trade difference currently. I think that would be replaced with 7% on the total sale (plus whatever the County charges) and eliminate the ad valorum taxes each year.

They get a lot more money up front and eliminate the expense of collecting the ad valorum taxes each year.

Last edited by Red; 03-03-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Enthusiast

My dealeer said the car will be available in May. That means no full tax credit as the IRS requires a date the vehicle is placed in service. Ford is blowing it big time!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Red

Originally Posted by kohigh
My dealer said the car will be available in May. That means no full tax credit as the IRS requires a date the vehicle is placed in service.
Ask you dealer to check for clarification from Ford. The IRS has not declared that they have changed the "Rules" from 2006. They changed the 8910 form but I don't believe they want to treat us differently than previous Hybrid owners.

Ford seems to have done everything they can to encourage Hybrid orders by 3/31/2009, including a verification process to give us (actual retail buyers) a better chance at scheduling our vehicles before the dealer's stock unit orders.

Sales personnel may not know the latest information from Ford and/or may want to sell you something they already have instead of ordering a vehicle for later delivery. If you want one, order before 3/31 and get your purchase order verified and in the system.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Red

Ford made an announcement to dealers that they will extend the open allocation for the 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids until June 30. So if you were on the fence and wanted more information before you ordered, the scheduling system will still take verified retail orders until the end of June. This is the best opportunity for those of us who are not in the traditional high "Hybrid" penetration markets to get our orders scheduled fairly quickly.

I heard that all the verified orders in the system by 3/30 have been scheduled.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Enthusiast

need to learn about my 2010 fusion hybrid the break down ?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast

I picked up my 2010 Milan Hybrid a week ago (August 27th) and I absolutely love it. It's actually nicer than I expected. I just refilled it for the first time and averaged 38.6 mpg. I was up to 42 but some highway miles dropped it down.