22.5mpg=WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: 22.5mpg=WTF?

Sorry for not replying so long. Yes, most definitely charging is more effective if brakes are lightly applied and brake as early as possible so to maximize the effect. The theory behind it is that when you start applying the brakes, the motor is on reverse mode which is sending a charge back to the batteries. Now you step a little harder, you will feel the car will start to slow down with a bit of momentum that your body is moving forward (the braking effect). Once you hit this sweet point where you start to feel the car is really slowing down...slowly with that momentum effect, this is where maximum regeneration will be acheived.

If like you said you slam hard on the brakes, it in effect are using your DISC/BRAKE PAD combo most of the time with regenative braking having little effect.

If you do what I suggested, you will still see the green recycling logo you described...that means regenative braking is applied...just step a little more that the car start to stop, then you will be good there.

About the MOTEL in reverse mode...you probably guessed it...I mean the MOTOR!! LOL!

Hope this helps.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 22.5mpg=WTF?

Robinf,

As for the wrench, I haven't seen one yet in my Fusion Hybrid (and I hope NOT to see one anytime soon)...however like what 84GT said, there is definitely a fault with the engine/hybrid combo that needs to be looked at. At highway speed like most of your driving, the car should always be in HYBRID DRIVE when all working propertly. With the wrench light on, chances are that it runs solely on ENGINE with no 106HP motor to do the assist at all times. That figure you describe would probably sound right if highway.

Having said that when local city driving, is EV mode still available or none whatsoever with the wrench light?

Tedson99

Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: 22.5mpg=WTF?

Robinf...checking and curious to know how your FFH is doing now?

Is the wrench gone? What was wrong at the end?

How's the mileage now?

And how's regenerative braking practice yielding? Better regen braking to battery as I suggested?

Keep me posted...ok?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 22.5mpg=WTF?

30,000 Miles on my FFH 2010. Just at 40 mpg. High 54.4 mpg over 220 Miles on county roads. Saved $3,900 in fuel cost to date vs. replaced Edge. Mostly short runs (1 to 5 Miles).