3 Buttons on the sun visor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default 3 Buttons on the sun visor?

Does anyone know what the three buttons on the driver's visor are for? I don't want to experiment with them when I'm driving and I can't find them in the manual.

Thanks.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 3 Buttons on the sun visor?

HomeLink?? FOr integrating with your garage door opener maybe?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

Ah! Garage door stuff. Thanks.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: 3 Buttons on the sun visor?

Sounds like homelink (or some such) to me but my question is this a 2010 or 2011 FFH, must be a dealer installed option cause its not available from the factory (I would have paid extra for this) also if it was dealer installed that could explain the lack of documentation

Last edited by rfruth; 11-14-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

It's a 2011 FFH. The dealer is in a small town in North Carolina, and, even though the owner might think they have to compete with the nearest dealer in a larger town, they don't, because of their attitudes (especially towards women customers) and the whole general atmosphere of the dealership. They're all, that I talked to, very aware of that.

(I'm *so* tired of asking a man to accompany me to a new car dealer and to speak for me. I thought that need went away 20 years ago, after I asked my insurance agent to call a friend of his at an agency to tell him to "treat me right"!)

(So rural that I can hear shotgun blasts outside my apartment complex window, while hunters hunt for deer, I suppose. I try to stay away from windows when I hear those shots, just in case! Surely they're not shooting the cows, and can't see the squirrels this late at night!)

I certainly didn't ask for the garage opener option. In fact, the salesman had told me about it, but I'd forgotten. I have a garage, and an opener, but the garage is so far from my apartment that I use it only for storage. If I had to walk to it in bad weather, it would be worse than having no garage at all. (Although now that I have a new car, rather than a 19-year-old Olds Cutlass Ciera, I may reconsider. I love the metallic white finish on my FFH.)

It's Sunday night, so I can't find out for sure. I'll call tomorrow and ask and get back to you.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

There are many of us with 2010's that would love to have the homelink. We would be willing to trade visors and give extra cash.

And yes, the homelink is part of the big package on the 2011's.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Enthusiast

Do you mean I could trade my visor for yours and it would work? That sounds "fantastical"!

How could one visor chance for another? Surely the wiring would have to be different?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

Oops! "Change" not "Chance."

Old 11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

I think it's an option on 2010 but standard on 2011. For 2010, we can buy and have installed by Ford the visor with HomeLink. Yes, the 2011 visor with HomeLink should be interchangable with the 2010, I think.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

I called the dealer, Terry Moore Ford Company, and talked to the woman at the service desk. Yes, they are interchangeable.

I don't think I want to give/sell mine away, though. At age 64, I might suddenly meet a rich man who'll fall madly in love with me and won't be satisfied until I marry him and move to his McMansion home [or better], complete with attached garage!

(Actually, for real, I'm not sure, with the car just weeks old, that I want to turn it into a non-standard version.)

Would trading them out be cheaper than taking your 2010 FFH to a dealer and having them install the "Home" thing?

Signing off, as I must watch Jeopardy tonight, to watch the guy in the Yale sweatshirt. He's from my hometown, and I don't want to be in the kitchen cooking when he is on TV.

Quick Reply: 3 Buttons on the sun visor?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands