43 mpg average!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 43 mpg average!

I noticed the release says that the battery pack is providing 20% more power. They said the batteries are built different but I bet that Ford has programed a deeper use cycle. This gives you the higher city MPG and the ability to go up to 47 MPH. I wish I cold have something like this in our FEH. In a couple of years the FEH will be like this Fusion.

There is no doubt that Ford is making some awesome Hybrids. The anti-American folks are sure whining.

How about MPG's the Ford Fusion is very close to the Prius with resonable driving styles. Priced well too.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by stephen431
My Nissan Altima Hybrid. I'm glad that Ford has finally taken a few competitive advantages with their hybrid technology. I wonder though over how much distance they can maintain full electric propulsion at 45mph before the ICE needs to kick in. Mine will only go a few miles at a speed of 42-43 before it needs to run the ICE and recharge.

I'm not a fan of Ford's styling. However, 43 MPG is pretty sweet for a mid-size sedan. I've heard that Ford's quality has improved over the past few years and it's now competitive with some of their foreign competitors.
The Nissan Altima uses Toyota's HSD technology and has even improved it over the TCH. The first Ford hybrid the '05 FEH is still the most fuel efficient SUV on the planet and is extremely reliable. I maintained a lifetime MPG average of 45mpg with straight gas in my '05 FEH until Florida mandated E10 last May. When I read that Ford was improving the engine and eCVT in the '09 FEH and '10 Fusion Hybrid, I ordered an '09 FEH last April. I just completed my 9th tank of gas in my '09 FEH and averaged 53.462mpg in 718.9 miles on E10. This bring my LMPG to 47mpg and growing fast.

Distance in EV in a non plug-in hybrid has to be limited untill technology can find a more efficient way to charge the battery. The '10 FFH will have a more efficient Converter and battery pack cells than my '09 FEH. My '09 will travel a few miles at 40mph with the cruise control On in EV and I expect the FFH will go even further. In addition, my '09 FEH can maintain 40mph in a headwind in CC and return to EV after the battery recharges to 42% or more while maintaining the CC setting. In other words, the '09 FEH will go EV under acceleration with CC on its own. I'm sure the FFH will do the same at 47mph with the improved system. I'm sure there will be Prius and HCH owners who will wish they could get as good of mileage as a FFH owner in a few months. The present hybrid sedans don't have a chance IMO.

Honda and Toyota better get on the ball to catch Ford technology at this point. Ford's new Sync voice activated system is amazing in my '09 FEH and works great with my 3G iPhone.

GaryG

Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Prius geek

Okay, great for Ford. How many they gonna make? So, not as many as we'd all like? Green tech only works if it gets to the masses. I'd love to see more of these on the streets.

I sooo want to drive a Ford Fusion Hybrid...but I'll guess that my dealer will have zero to test drive.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Enthusiast

that's sweet.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Enthusiast

---

Last edited by styley_stacy44; 05-07-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: double post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm now over 43mpg and I just filled my tank with fill #3. Great results so far.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finman
Okay, great for Ford. How many they gonna make? So, not as many as we'd all like? Green tech only works if it gets to the masses. I'd love to see more of these on the streets.

I sooo want to drive a Ford Fusion Hybrid...but I'll guess that my dealer will have zero to test drive.
I am sure your dealer would be more than happy to ORDER you one.

Need a test drive and can not find one locally?

If I were dropping $30K+ I would spend a day driving to find one to test drive. Seems a small price to pay for peace of mind IMO.

Even in So Cal, my local dealer is out of them. They do have lots of non hybrid Fusions.

I bet the 2.5L four banger would be a close second to test drive. It would have a little less HP and no silent electric cruising but the ride and handling
would be the same. Options would work the same too.

Just a thought.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

do your shopping on the net and also do your buying off the net. When we get ready this winter to buy I will email as many dealers as I can telling what I want and if you have one email back with your best price. Best price with in reason on color wins as I can still have any warranty work done at my local dealer and I have done this a couple times already.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

I see things a bit differently. While the best price is nice sometimes this approach will end up costing more in the long run.
How?
When shotgun Emailing for the lowest price it may also come at the cost of service.

The lowest bidder may be the worst type of dealer. I often find you get what you pay for. I also find if it sounds too good to be true it often is.

I have learned that there are a few really good dealers out there. They support their customers with excellent service and genuine care. They also have great mechanics which know the product and can fix it quite often in one try. This leads to consumer confidence. All too often I hear stories of folks having to take their cars back 2 or 3 times to get the same issue resolved. I hear too that they get frustrated and end up forcing Ford into a buy back situation. This ends bad for both parties. Ford gets a bad rep and you look elsewhere for greener pastures.

Long story short it costs money to offer the total package. It may seem to cost more but if you hate to be jacked around and are willing to pay a few dollars more up front to not have to suffer through it then you see where I am going.

Finding a great dealer is totally do-able. Ask around folks love to tell you who is both good and bad. Reward great dealers with you business and punish the low down dirty dealers by ignoring their come ons with the low ball price. These folks need to learn that we deserve better and are not going to get sucked into this lame game.

If you are in So.Cal and want the name of a great Dealer? Fritts Ford in Riverside. Awesome dealer. Great mechanics. Worth driving a bit out of your way for. Unless they change they have earned my business as long as Ford works at making a great product.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Enthusiast

Why can't you buy it at Joe Blows Ford Dealer and thake it to Fritts Ford for service? As a GM retired when I buy I take my car to all the say Chevy dealers in my area which there are 5 of them and whoever gives me the most for my car gets my business as the new one is the same price at each dealer. I have been over $3K difference in trade in but I do give my local dealer which I live the closest to the chance to match or beat my best price. Twice he didn't/couldn't but I stll took my new ride there for service and warranty work. If it costs me $1000 more for the same vehicle at Fritts Ford than I'm buying else where and having my service done at Fritts. The sales dept. I doubt even knows what is going on in the service dept. Now if we are talking just a couple hundred bucks than I'd do somemore talking at Fritts like what can you do to even out the $$ like maybe throw in that special interior stain protection and a good hand wax job etc.
==============
Originally Posted by AllenF
I see things a bit differently. While the best price is nice sometimes this approach will end up costing more in the long run.
How?
When shotgun Emailing for the lowest price it may also come at the cost of service.

The lowest bidder may be the worst type of dealer. I often find you get what you pay for. I also find if it sounds too good to be true it often is.

I have learned that there are a few really good dealers out there. They support their customers with excellent service and genuine care. They also have great mechanics which know the product and can fix it quite often in one try. This leads to consumer confidence. All too often I hear stories of folks having to take their cars back 2 or 3 times to get the same issue resolved. I hear too that they get frustrated and end up forcing Ford into a buy back situation. This ends bad for both parties. Ford gets a bad rep and you look elsewhere for greener pastures.

Long story short it costs money to offer the total package. It may seem to cost more but if you hate to be jacked around and are willing to pay a few dollars more up front to not have to suffer through it then you see where I am going.

Finding a great dealer is totally do-able. Ask around folks love to tell you who is both good and bad. Reward great dealers with you business and punish the low down dirty dealers by ignoring their come ons with the low ball price. These folks need to learn that we deserve better and are not going to get sucked into this lame game.

If you are in So.Cal and want the name of a great Dealer? Fritts Ford in Riverside. Awesome dealer. Great mechanics. Worth driving a bit out of your way for. Unless they change they have earned my business as long as Ford works at making a great product.

Last edited by bigdog9586; 07-16-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: 43 mpg average!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands