Any Fusion hybrid sightings yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Any Fusion hybrid sightings yet?

Tikitofu,

It looks like our cars will arrive within one week of each other.

I think your order took longer because they did not have the assembly line ramped up until just recently. Your January order must have sat around for several weeks until they were ready for mass production. Plus, since so few hybrids are being made vis-a-vis the other 2010 fusions, us hybrid to be owners just have to wait it out.

So what options did you choose? I picked White Platinum with the 502A spec package.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

Frankieboy,

That's what it looks like! I'm not sure exactly how the schedule is determined, but you're probably right that they didn't start the scheduling until just recently. I'm sure there are other factors at play as I understand a computer actually does the scheduling.

My order is the exact same as yours, except for the color (I ordered the metallic gray instead of white platinum). The color was actually tough to decide since there were no models to look at, just the swatches and online photos.

It was too hard to resist the nav system and most of the extras. It'll be nice not having to carry around a separate gps, and I'm really looking forward to Sirius traffic to avoid traffic jams, which I currently do using my iPhone. The Sync system looks really cool, as does all the other tech built into the hybrid model. I could do without the moonroof and heated seats, but with the package deal it didn't make financial sense to go à la carte. Overall, I'm really excited, as this will be a big upgrade for me.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I took the VIN given to me by the dealer and tried to register on the Ford Owner site. Much to my surprise, I was able to register. And the vehicle popped up as "2010 Fusion Hybrid."

At least I know the car is real, even though right now it is only a "virtual hybrid."

Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I know some have arrived at dealerships, does anyone here have theirs yet?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Todd1964
Make sure about the tax credit. I have multiple IRS offices near my office and ventured there to get it clarified. I spoke with a guy they called an IRS attorney and was an expert at IRS law and claims. He said the vehicle has to be "in service and licensed" to be eligible for a tax credit. He said the IRS is well aware of the FFH and the $3400.00 tax credit expiration date. He said the "purchase or order date" will not be eligible for the tax credit. He also said for those found in violation there will be penalties. (Whatever that means).
Here is an article that came out today:
As long as you purchase the car before March 31, you qualify for the full $3,400 tax credit; you can take delivery after March 31 without penalty. If you purchase after March 31, the credit is reduced to $1,700.

According to the IRS, “The date of purchase determines the amount of the credit available for a vehicle, i.e. whether a vehicle is eligible for the full credit or whether a portion of the credit is phased-out. The placed in service date determines the taxable year in which the credit may be claimed.”

Tax analysts at H&R Block say the purchase contract for a new car will set the date for when you qualify for the credit. Delivery paperwork from the dealership will verify the in-service date. As long as the vehicle is placed in service during the 2009 calendar year, you will be able to claim the tax credit on your 2009 taxes.
http://ask.cars.com/2009/03/hybrid-t...-delivery.html

GaryG

Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Red

Thanks Gary, since the IRS has not said it changed the rules, and they were very clear that ordering constituted the commitment to purchase from 2006 on, I'm glad that the AskCars interpretation is consistent with my understanding of the tax credit claiming process.

In 2010, I will fill out the 8910 form indicating the date I took possession of the vehicle (which should be May, 2009) and reflect that I am claiming 100% of the $3,400 since I purchased the vehicle in February, 2009. The form seems confusing since they eliminated the purchase date blank, but the distinction between "purchase" and "in-service" dates is what permits the full claiming of the $3,400. The "in-service" date controls the year for which the credit may be claimed, even if the vehicle was "purchased" in the prior year.

Just a couple days left for new buyers to take advantage of the full credit.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Red
Thanks Gary, since the IRS has not said it changed the rules, and they were very clear that ordering constituted the commitment to purchase from 2006 on, I'm glad that the AskCars interpretation is consistent with my understanding of the tax credit claiming process.

In 2010, I will fill out the 8910 form indicating the date I took possession of the vehicle (which should be May, 2009) and reflect that I am claiming 100% of the $3,400 since I purchased the vehicle in February, 2009. The form seems confusing since they eliminated the purchase date blank, but the distinction between "purchase" and "in-service" dates is what permits the full claiming of the $3,400. The "in-service" date controls the year for which the credit may be claimed, even if the vehicle was "purchased" in the prior year.

Just a couple days left for new buyers to take advantage of the full credit.
Anytime Red.

Notice the quote I used from the poster got his post deleted? What's with that?

Anyway, I want to hear from you new owners about this car. I was going to sell my '05 FEH and get the FFH for my wife but will have to delay it for a while. My daughter is having her second baby any day now and she owes to much on her '07 Honda Civic to trade it in. My wife and I are going to let her drive the '05 FEH which has more room for her babies and equipment. My wife loves her Civic EX so it's okay to switch vehicles for the time being.

I really love hypermiling my '09 FEHL and I get the $3,000 tax credit this year already. I should be able to still help you guys out with some questions on the drivetrain and hypermiling because my '09 FEH has the same programming. I already know you can't change the oil on front end ramps in the 2.5L engine because the old oil will not completely drain out. Learned that lesson the hard way.

GaryG

Old 03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Red

I am looking forward to getting mine. We drive locally in 25-35MPH areas. Our son (and family) is 2 miles North, daughter (and family) are 2 miles East. The elementary school where my wife volunteers is one mile and most of our shopping and favorite restaurants are between 2-3 miles. The only fuel we use will be to charge the battery!
I look forward to your hints to improve the already outstanding mileage.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think we better let GaryG chip in on this request. If one only drives 2-3 miles from a cold stop, I'm not positive hypermiling "numbers" are going to occur.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:05 AM
Red

I anticipate that at low speeds, the engine will be very efficient in recharging the 275 volt battery pack, when needed. It will be rare that I will need the gas engine for propulsion. I will certainly keep track of what it is doing and how often the engine runs to recharge the battery.

I may have an advantage in that I'm in Atlanta and it will be months before we see cold weather (assuming I take dekivery in May.) I just need to optomize the battery charge cycle.

Quick Reply: Any Fusion hybrid sightings yet?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands