Anyone heard about the brake "failure" issue in the FFH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone heard about the brake "failure" issue in the FFH?

In November my FFH brakes failed on the freeway. The cruise control was on and when I stepped on the brake peddle it was like there was nothing there. I was as if I had no brake peddle, as if my foot had missed the peddle. I hit the peddle a couple of times and the car came out of cruise control and I had brakes again. My heart almost stopped in those seconds before I had brakes again. It hasn't happens since.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes!.. Since I just purchased my FusHy two weeks ago, I was concerned, of course, upon hearing about this problem.. I contacted my dealers service manager and this is what He told me.

Article link : http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-ann...id-models.html

"This TSB is for a reprogram of the modules for the way the brakes feel to the customer when stopping. This is not a safety related issue and yes you can wait until your first service appointment to have this reprogram performed at no charge to you. Once again this is not a safety related issue just a customer satisfaction related concern that Ford is repairing at no charge for you the customer"

Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Enthusiast

We have a 2009 FEH and with only 7000 miles on it, the brakes have failed multiple (4+) times. The Ford dealership has "fixed" the problem every time, but they continue to fail. You can press your foot all the way to the floor, w/o the brake engaging. We are now suing Ford. The unfortunate thing is that the National Highway and Safety Board will not post the brake failure problem, so it appears when individual owners are researching their brake problem, that there is no such problem. It is time for a recall/class action. Please contact me if you have had the same problems. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Enthusiast

Actually, I have not face any problem with my ford fusion car. It's running very well on road. I wanna to ask one question is that Is this electronic braking system unique to the hybrid or is it used on other Fusion models as well?. If any one knows then reply me. I am awaiting for your reply.