Fold flat front passenger seat in FFH?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
cue
Enthusiast
Default Fold flat front passenger seat in FFH?

I test drove a few of the standard '10 Fusions (the hybrids are hard to come by where I am) before ordering an FFH, and a neat feature of the SE was the fold-flat front passenger seat. It reminded me of the Honda Fit; when it folded down it was very flat.

Does the FFH front passenger seat fold flat? Just curious, because it'd be sweeeet to be able to stretch out from the backseat on long road trips. BTW, I got the 502A, but leather or cloth, I'd be interested in knowing if the feature carried over. The spec sheet's kinda unclear on this point.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fold flat front passenger seat in FFH?

I don't have mine yet, but hope the front seat fold over flat like the non-hybrid. Since the rear seat is fixed, we can't haul long stuff, but it would be nice to have the feature for shorter stuff.

I can't imagine they would make the front seat different. Somebody try it out and let us know.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cue
I test drove a few of the standard '10 Fusions (the hybrids are hard to come by where I am) before ordering an FFH, and a neat feature of the SE was the fold-flat front passenger seat. It reminded me of the Honda Fit; when it folded down it was very flat.

Does the FFH front passenger seat fold flat? Just curious, because it'd be sweeeet to be able to stretch out from the backseat on long road trips. BTW, I got the 502A, but leather or cloth, I'd be interested in knowing if the feature carried over. The spec sheet's kinda unclear on this point.
Yes, the passenger seat on the FFH does fold flat forward.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow that would be cool if it does. I was reading about that feature online and it did not show that as an option on the FFH. I might have to make a trip over to my dealer and check that out while I wait for mine to come in.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just another confirmation that it folds flat. I met with one of the engineers at an Earth Day event and he pointed out that you really need it in the FFH because the rear seats don't fold down for trunk access as they do in the standard (batteries are in the way).

That's an engineer for you, pointing out the flaws in his own product.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
cue
Enthusiast

That's great news. The fold-flat looked like a nice feature, and it's one that I hadn't seen written about in any reviews. I know it's goofy, but being able to stretch out and rest on a long trip has some real appeal, heh.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbibbs
Just another confirmation that it folds flat. I met with one of the engineers at an Earth Day event and he pointed out that you really need it in the FFH because the rear seats don't fold down for trunk access as they do in the standard (batteries are in the way).

That's an engineer for you, pointing out the flaws in his own product.
Funny, my dealer also made it a point to mention how the rear seats don't fold. I appreciate their honesty!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Energy Independence

Hey, Alex, is there are dealer near us you know of that HAS a FFH to check out and maybe even test-drive? The couple I've been to have none to look at.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah. Check out Bob Tomes Ford. Thats where I test drove and ordered mine. Its right off of 75 in Mckinney Get off at Virginia and loop back around. If you go ask for Butch millican and tell him I sent you over. He is a good guy and will take care of you. let me Know how it goes if you go over. They have a black one with package 501a and a white tri coat with 502a.