Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!

Good afternoon.

I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid (24.000KM).
When the engine temperature reaches 60 º C, the vehicle maintains electrical system failure, and further alleges failure in traction system. I am obliged to stop the vehicle and after cooling back to normal operation.
Could you help me? I'm from Brazil and here we have specialized workshops.

TKS

Attached Thumbnails Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!-foto.jpg   Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!-foto1.jpg   Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!-foto2.jpg   Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!-foto3.jpg   Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!-foto4.jpg  

Last edited by thiagoarcuri; 06-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!

Only a Ford Dealer will be able to diagnose and fix this. It sounds like you have a problem with the electrical cooling system or pump.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lolder
Only a Ford Dealer will be able to diagnose and fix this. It sounds like you have a problem with the electrical cooling system or pump.

The Ford Dealers of Brazil are not yet qualified for this technology. And know not diagnose the problem, want to change the whole transmission system, which would be a fortune ($20,000.00 in Brazil).
Because the U.S. has more experience with this technology I decided to ask them for help. Since we arrived in Brazil these cars just one year.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

That would be under warranty most places. Was the car not bought from a Ford dealer? If they can't diagnose the problem, I wouldn't expect them to be competent to repair it. This is space age technology and I would not expect any specialty shop to be able to fix it. The only wild guess would be the electric pump that circulates the coolant in the electrical system. You can find the DTC's ( Diagnostic Trouble Codes ) yourself be entering the Engineering Test Mode ( ETM ). Press and hold the steering wheel "Reset" and "Set up" buttons for 5 seconds while starting the car. Scroll through 10 screens with the "Reset" button to see the DTC screen. The ETM resets off when you turn the car off or hold the "Reset" for over 2 seconds. How did you know the engine temperature was at 60 d. C.? You can see this on one of the ETM screens. It's about the temperature at which full EV mode is available. This problem could be anything!

Last edited by lolder; 06-21-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

That would be under warranty most places. Was the car not bought from a Ford dealer? If they can't diagnose the problem, I wouldn't expect them to be competent to repair it. This is space age technology and I would not expect any specialty shop to be able to fix it. The only wild guess would be the electric pump that circulates the coolant in the electrical system.
The vehicle is not on the warranty. You could tell where the Eletric bomb is located ? (how to)
Do you know a distributor of new eletric pump that can send me to Brazil?

VERY TKS!!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

I can not help you any further. Sorry.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

I can not help you any further. Sorry.
Tks

Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes this sounds like a electrical fault...I would say reset the ECU first and see what happens. Have a garage reset the OBD2 computer first...that should reset all codes. Then start the car, drive it and see. If driven for a while OK, then the car should be alright.

However if the car starts to warm up, normally the coolent will keep the temparature down with the engine while the fans at the back will keep the HV battery cooled.

So to speak if you have this problem again as you are driving and that it gets hot, chances are that the HV battery might have overheated causing other electrical faults such as the ActiveTrace Traction control system among possibly others. HV battery have to healthy at all times otherwise these faults will happen.

Also check the 12V battery to ensure it is at good voltage and healthy. If not this can cause starting problems too.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 AM
Enthusiast

I have a my ford fusion hybrid But the other day on the way house going instantly the quit securely now alert went off for the very first time. It hasn't occurred since.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!

moishenriq can you explain more about your incident? Your post wasn't clear, thanks.

See if we can help out in this thread further for anyone who needed our advice and comments.

Details again please of what happened?

Quick Reply: Fusion Hybrid 2010 Stop Safely Now - ELETRIC DRIVE CHK!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands