Now that some of you have had the FFH for a week or more, do you still love it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Enthusiast
Question Now that some of you have had the FFH for a week or more, do you still love it?

I know it takes some time to get used to a new car and now that more of you are getting used to the FFH and MMH (Is there anyone hear with the Milan?), have any of your impressions changed? Options you wish you had included? Is MPG as good as you expected? Is the gauge accurate compared to when you fill up - for those that compare the two? Wish you chose a different color? Just curious...

If Ford was to offer or change anything in say the 2011 model what would you request?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Now that some of you have had the FFH for a week or more, do you still love it?

Definitely. I think the FFH is one of those cars you appreciate more and more the longer you own it. I drove a 45 mile round trip this morning and got 44 mpg without much effort. I have nothing significant to complain about, but I guess my only gripe is the seat could use a little better lower back support. But in most respects it has met or excelled my expectations.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Now that some of you have had the FFH for a week or more, do you still love it?

I have had the FFH for 1 week. It is the best sedan I have ever owned. Here is the list of my prior sedans: VW Passat; Acura Vigor; Audi A4; Honda Accord. The only car I have owned that I liked better was an Audi TT Coupe (who wouldn't?)

The Smart Gauge is the best driver information delivery system I have ever seen. The transition from ICE to hybrid and vice-versa is silky smooth (much better than what I experienced in test drives of the Insight, Prius, Camry, and Altima). I am satisfied with my mileage so far, and and hopeful to hit 50 mpg on a regular basis once I get the driving dynamic of a full hybrid down (this is my first hybrid).

The exterior is much improved from the prior fusion. It is bold and muscular. The interior is first rate, from the leather seats and white stitching, to the soft dash materials. Interior room is great front and rear. Seat adjustments are easy. The safety features are top notch and extensive (including knee air bag for driver).

Some really cool features: Navi with sync (spoken about much elsewhere); blind spot notification on side view mirrors; one touch moon roof; cross traffic warning system.

Some things I would like to have but don't: push button start; remote and locking fuel filler door; larger and private pockets on front doors; pockets and/or cup holders on rear doors; telescoping steering wheel (it tilts only); pull down handle inside of trunk; Xenon headlights; fold down rear seat (not possible now because of battery).

All in all, this is a truly amazing car and worthy of all the praise it has received. You will not be disappointed.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
cue
Enthusiast
Default Re: Now that some of you have had the FFH for a week or more, do you still love it?

Are you sure about the lack of telescoping on the steering column? I'm pretty sure the SEL I test drove had telescoping. I could be mistaken, I test drove alot of cars, but if I recall correctly, while it was quite stiff, a good pull caused the wheel to pop out. Also, the specs say it telescopes.

BTW how's the stereo?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cue
Are you sure about the lack of telescoping on the steering column? I'm pretty sure the SEL I test drove had telescoping. I could be mistaken, I test drove alot of cars, but if I recall correctly, while it was quite stiff, a good pull caused the wheel to pop out. Also, the specs say it telescopes.

BTW how's the stereo?
I'll give the wheel a crank and see.

The stereo is very powerful and crisp. It could use a subwoofer, but that can be said of most stock systems. It has lots of speakers and easy controls. The jukebox feature is nice. Now I don't need to have cd's in my car. I bring them in once, record the cuts I want, and I am done.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

I've had the FFH for almost two weeks. We have the 502A package Tuxedo black with Black interior. It is awesome.
I love the different internal cup holder color lights to choose from. My personal favorite is red, especially at night.
The radio is great. I also like the Jukebox feature, all the travel link features, and of course trying to improve my overall fuel economy with every drive.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cue

BTW how's the stereo?
Yes, the FFH steering wheel does indeed telescope. I just tried to make sure and it does

Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tikitofu
Yes, the FFH steering wheel does indeed telescope. I just tried to make sure and it does
Yes, you are correct. Sorry for the confusion. During the delivery, my salesman said it did not telescope, so I just never tried it until last night. Pretty surprising my salesman missed it. He was up to speed on every part of the car. Oh well, nothing wrong with a 99% score on the test.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I knew I would love the car, but the surprise is that my wife is willing to leave her Lincoln MKX in the garage and drive the Fusion to run errands. Bonus,---- the granddaughters think it is the coolest car ever.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red
I knew I would love the car, but the surprise is that my wife is willing to leave her Lincoln MKX in the garage and drive the Fusion to run errands. Bonus,---- the granddaughters think it is the coolest car ever.
If only you had known that she would have loved the FFH more than the Lincoln MKX, you could have saved some money and just bought two! (Granted you may have to now!)

Quick Reply: Now that some of you have had the FFH for a week or more, do you still love it?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands