Why isn't this a very popular Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Why isn't this a very popular Forum

Is it because there aren't many Fusion Hybrids yet or because everyone is happy without problems? Is there another forum that is more active as we are planning on a FFH in Dec.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
cue
Enthusiast
Default Re: Why isn't this a very popular Forum

Originally Posted by bigdog9586
Is it because there aren't many Fusion Hybrids yet or because everyone is happy without problems? Is there another forum that is more active as we are planning on a FFH in Dec.
Try the Ford Fusion Hybrid forum at http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showforum=57

It seems to be more lively. If you have any questions, you'll likely get them answered there. BTW, got mine in June and love it.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

Here are a couple of other FFH sites I peek at fairly regularly:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=36
and
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Neither of those are anywhere near as busy as FFF though. Several folks frequent all four sites.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Xdiesel

My last car was a Jetta TDI diesel. The TDI Forum was overflowing with threads and postings. The Jetta TDI also had numerous problems that added to the volume of postings.
My point is that the more problems the car has the more people will seek information and help. The FFH seems to be fairly trouble free, so there aren't many problems to go over.
The reason I got rid of the diesel was because of all the problems I saw on the forum (cam failure, brake life) and went with the FFH. The fact that this posting isn't getting much traffic may be due to the fact that the car has been fairly reliable. Let's see what happens when we get in the 100K + range when problems start to crop up.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast

Man, there just isn't anyone home here.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Flawless Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Also they get great MPG's without a lot of work. So folks are more than happy with them and Ford.

Toyoyta? Watch your gas pedal and hang on baby!!! OH What a Feeling!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richoxfordblue
My last car was a Jetta TDI diesel. The TDI Forum was overflowing with threads and postings. The Jetta TDI also had numerous problems that added to the volume of postings.
My point is that the more problems the car has the more people will seek information and help. The FFH seems to be fairly trouble free, so there aren't many problems to go over.
The reason I got rid of the diesel was because of all the problems I saw on the forum (cam failure, brake life) and went with the FFH. The fact that this posting isn't getting much traffic may be due to the fact that the car has been fairly reliable.
Originally Posted by bigdog9586
Man, there just isn't anyone home here.
I think it's a combination of VW Jetta TDI and other TDI models having existed for many years (with a couple years hiatus in the US) == large installed base, their unit sales, them being available elsewhere in the world for ages too, VW's poor reliability reputation (leading to posts) and the diesel fanboys out there.

The Fusion Hybrid is on the other hand came out not long ago (not much time to develop problems) and also doesn't sell in large numbers both of which means a very small installed base.

Look at http://www.hybridcars.com/hybrid-sal...dashboard.html for example and compare to http://media.vw.com/index.php?s=43&item=520. They claim that "Jetta TDI sales accounted for 40 percent of total Jetta sedan and SportWagen sales" so that would mean 3630 Jetta TDIs were sold last month in the US.

I'd also guess that perhaps FFH owners don't know to come here.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, Whoever at Green Hybrid is in charge of listing vehicles COULD boost this forum if the FFH were available in the drop-down 'Pick your vehicle' menu ? I've been wondering for a while why it wasn't listed, & just stumbled across this forum today while doing an advanced search.

Anyone at the website listening ?

Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I agree.. not many owners know it exists !.. I have used GreenHybrid for 4 years and in the Toyota Camry Hybrid forum, we had thousands of hits and more posts that you can imagine.. Of course, the TCH is one of the most purchased hybrids out there besides the PrYus. But then I wanted a larger sedan with equally superior fuel economy.. The TCH fit that bill perfectly.. There were a few issues over the years with the TCH, but Toyota was excellent about taking care of those issues. One TCH issue that left a sour taste in my mouth was the STEERING LINK issue where the power steering can go out. I had had a relatively minor front end collision in the TCH, and it took four months to get it fixed. Near the completion of the repairs, the TCH had this steering link issue and it added another $2,400 to the repair bill of over $10K !. Fortunately the mishap wasn't my fault but the other insured had to cough up $10K for my repair.
My point is this.. Sometime last year, Toyota had a recall for this electric steering issue and repaired it free.
Now we have the accelerator issue. Even though the TCH was NOT included in the latest recall, it is important to note that I HAD THE STUCK accelerator issue in the TCH but due to an extra winter floor mat that I had used.. It caused the accelerator to stick and I had to react a couple of times to avoid a collison. Now this is also a recall issue.. Sort of made me gunshy, so to speak. So I drove the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid and absolutely LOVE it !. It is a vast improvement on the TCH hybrid system and so far, it is really great.. Only a couple of things that may be considered by some as a drawback.
1.) The FFH requires the use of an actual KEY.. I really got used to never fumbling for a FOB or key and only having to insure that it was in my pocket at all times. So the key will take a little getting used to again. The FFH does have a keypad outside so you can sort of emulate the keyless action.
2.) I would have liked to have had LED tailights and the new LED turn signal indicators like most of the new cars at any time.
3.) opening the trunk without a key was great too.
4.) Since the KEY turn to start does not acutally do much, they could have used the button technology that is out there.
On the positive side, the SYNC system (even though it is my MICROSOFT), is chocked full of capabilities, only some of which I have learned thus far.. I love the integrated Sirius (as a former Sirius consumer), the TRAVEL LINK data which provides LIVE traffic incident reports that MORE accurate than local radio stations, the weather forecasts and even what the local gas prices are wherever you are at the time.
I will report back from time to time as I learn and experience my new Ford Fusion Hybrid for 2010.

Last edited by WillyBill; 02-04-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: mis-spelling