2010 Insight XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2010 Insight XM Radio

Does anybody have a 2010 Insight yet with the XM radio option installed?

I'm unclear as to whether it is strictly XM or still has the AM/FM/CD options.

I'll be having the Navi system installed. Will the XM option be integrated with the Navi as it is in the CR/V and Civic? I can currently select XM by touching the Navi screen.

Thanks for any response.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: 2010 Insight XM Radio

Assuming it will be like, or similar to, the HCH. Therefore, you will have access to all other formats that you mentioned, plus your iPod. And yes, XM is accessed via the NAV screen.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Sales Guru/CarDeal Mentor
Default Re: 2010 Insight XM Radio

On the Navi....you mean you are getting one with the NAV installed...or you will be installing a Nav into an EX or LX non Nav?

I ask because as far as I know...it would not be cost effective to have the Nav it comes with on the NAV trim Insight installed into a non nav trim...mainly because the dash panels and so forth would all have to be replaced, and the steering wheel controls would not be there either (new Steering wheel)

To get the XM installed on any trim level....it adds up to almost 450-500.00 after all parts and labor are taken into account....where-as you could get something like an XM Inno full car kit from Best Buy for 250.00 and just plug it in through the AUX jack....save yourself a lot of money and be able to take the XM System to any car you drive.

Just a thought.....

Old 04-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: 2010 Insight XM Radio

Originally Posted by CBondHonda
To get the XM installed on any trim level....it adds up to almost 450-500.00...
Interesting that XM radio would be an optional item on the Insight w/NAV. On the '09 Civic Hybrid, XM radio comes standard on NAV-equipped models, including a 3-month free trial subscription.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast

I'm having the NAVI factory installed as well as the XM radio ... and letting THEM figure out how to do it. [Grin!]

Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Interesting that XM radio would be an optional item on the Insight w/NAV. On the '09 Civic Hybrid, XM radio comes standard on NAV-equipped models, including a 3-month free trial subscription.
I agree. It came standard with my 06 Civic and 07 CR/V. In fact, I had to search the electronics options to find out it was available in the first place. I originally assumed it was included.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by davejazz
I'm having the NAVI factory installed as well as the XM radio ... and letting THEM figure out how to do it. [Grin!]

Thats Odd....

After speaking with the Honda Reps at our Insight Local Ride and Drive in Houston yesterday...installing the factory Nav into a Non-Nav Insight is not possible....

So I would get some clarifacation from them on exactly what it is they are planning to do...

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply.

By "factory installed" I mean the Insight EX will be coming from the factory with the navigation installed there as well as the XM radio.

I'm just curious to see if it can be done. Instead of 'curious' I should say nervous!

Images on the Honda website when I select the XM option show a radio screen display without navigation installed. When I check the Navigation images they show a button selection for CD/AUX where my current Nav system says CD/XM and there's nothing showing an XM selection on the Insight version.

I'm just wondering if I can select both options or is it just an either/or thing.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by davejazz
Thanks for your reply.

By "factory installed" I mean the Insight EX will be coming from the factory with the navigation installed there as well as the XM radio.

I'm just curious to see if it can be done. Instead of 'curious' I should say nervous!

Images on the Honda website when I select the XM option show a radio screen display without navigation installed. When I check the Navigation images they show a button selection for CD/AUX where my current Nav system says CD/XM and there's nothing showing an XM selection on the Insight version.

I'm just wondering if I can select both options or is it just an either/or thing.

That makes more sense....it will be an actual EX Navigation Trim Level...not an EX or LX with Nav added....

The nav wont come with the XM button like what many other Honda's have....although the dealership will install the XM when it arrives on the lot....thats a 500.00 add or so....so just make sure the Honda XM added at the dealer is what you want....rather than an Aftermarket XM which would cost much less.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CBondHonda
That makes more sense....it will be an actual EX Navigation Trim Level...not an EX or LX with Nav added....

The nav wont come with the XM button like what many other Honda's have....although the dealership will install the XM when it arrives on the lot....thats a 500.00 add or so....so just make sure the Honda XM added at the dealer is what you want....rather than an Aftermarket XM which would cost much less.

Thanks again for your reply. I've got a better handle on what to expect now.

Quick Reply: 2010 Insight XM Radio

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands