Surveys galore!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Surveys galore!!

Since getting my Honda Insight at the end of May, Honda and its third party affiliates have been sending me survey after survey to see how my experience has been with the car. The first surveys were typical Honda based surveys based on dealer experience and “Now that you owned your new… blah” types.
Those first surveys were fine; I had nothing terrible to say about the car except that it should have come with floor mats standard.
Recently I have had several surveys come in with the most recent one belonging to JD Power. Nothing special about the survey questions but it did come with an added bonus, bribery. It included a crisp $1.00 bill.
As stated before I have been pretty fair with Honda and gave this car a good rating but now I am feeling a little evil.
Things Honda needs to fix on the 2011 Insight:
- Increase HP on electric motor (use the same Civic Motor)
- Include Floor Mats
- Include rear backup camera
- Provide same options and amenities as the JDM and European model

I feel Honda knows they messed up and even with all the bad press now they are trying to bribe people for a "Great" review.
Now before anyone thinks I am bashing the Insight let me state the follow:
The Insight is a low budget eco car designed to give one the feeling of doing good for the environment. Designed and aimed to attract young video game playing drivers and pull sales away from Toyota.
Overall the car performs like an eco budget car and as long as one realizes that they are not purchasing a Lexus this car should be fine.
I have impress many people with this car and even been approached by drivers that drive the current Civic Hybrid. I entertain most questions about the car and provide my personal experiences with it.
Since all new model introductions are designed to work out all the kinks, Honda will most likely offer a lot of what is missing in our American version to make it on par with the JDM and European model. If not, then Honda will continue to lose more customers to Toyota, Ford and GM.
Personal Note to HONDA:
Stop sending surveys to me about this car, they are annoying and after a while get lost with mail that is considered to be junk. My opinion about this car doesn’t matter at this point. I own this car until (1) I get tired of it, (2) total it, or (3) Find something better.
Most likely in a year I will bore with this car and purchase something else. It hasn’t stopped me in the past!

Last edited by arbittan; 08-12-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Re-Write