Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

1GB Ipod Nano - Holy Smokes Take a Look at This !

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 1GB Ipod Nano - Holy Smokes Take a Look at This !

I've appreciated those who've answered my myriad questions, and thought I'd share a 'slick deal' so to speak.

Some of you may know of this website, while others may not. Slickdeals.net is a great repository of information regarding where and how to get freebies, discounts, etc., and there is one post in particular you may want to read.

As they say nothing is for free, but this deal is about as close to perfect as it gets (from my p.o.v. anyway).

The deal is, apply for an MBNA Jets Extra Points credit card...get approved, charge $100 and pay it off in the first month...10 weeks later you'll get a 1GB Ipod Nano for your efforts. This was a limited time offer via web, but you can do as I did and call their 800 number to apply and as long as you use the special promotion code (found within the post I've linked) you will be eligible for the offer.

If you have poor credit, or too many credit cards, this may not be something for you, but since the Ipod Nano retails for $149, this seemed like one heck of a deal to me. I haven't received my Ipod yet, but I only made my purchases within the last week. I don't really perceive a downside here. Even IF there's no Ipod at the end of the rainbow, I can cancel the card and walk away. If, however I get a free Ipod Nano does arrive at my door...I'm all smiles.

Thought I'd share...Act on this information or throw it away, I'm not affiliated with Ipod, MBNA or Slickdeals in any way shape or form, just thought some of you might find it useful.

As the saying goes..."If I can save just ONE music lover...it'll all be worth it!"

Here's the link:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...ight=jets+ipod

**moderators...if direct links to other forums aren't allowed, feel free to delete or modify this post -- I'm new here and am simply trying to share well with others
Additionally, this post probably fits better under general discussion, but THESE are the hybrid owners that have answered my overly analytical questions, so THESE are the folks I wanted to share my jellybeans with. Of course, move to gen disc if you must...I just wanted to give something back to the Camry community.

Last edited by Eskimonio; 07-08-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 1GB Ipod Nano - Holy Smokes Take a Look at This !

Cooool...Thanks for the link!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

I believe the deal is dead now, but for those who doubted...shame shame.

I just got mine in the mail 2 days ago.

Very cool.

Black Nano with Jets Logo laser etched on the back.

Hope someone got to come along for the ride on this one.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Pics posted in 'anything goes' section under 'share' tab of greenhybrid.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/image1812.html