Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

All=MEMBERS; Question ? Instant-E-Mail Notifications ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 04:03 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question All=MEMBERS; Question ? Instant-E-Mail Notifications ?

To;

All Members,

I Do-Not receive any {Instant E-Mail Notification} anymore when Members here on GreenHybrid make Post/Comments on the (Same-Thread) that I am on.

My Question is? Is anyone else having this Problem or is it just me? I have called "AOL" Tech Line and made a Case # about this. They are suppose to respond in the next 24-48 Hrs. and resolve this problem. In my case this has gotten worse over the past 3-Weeks and now I get (No) Instant E-Mails from GreenHybrid at all.

Very Puzzling to me. My E-Mail works Perfect if a Person sends me a Personal E-Mail but for some Un-Known reason when it should work from GreenHybrid there is nothing.

If you are having this same problem I sure would like to know.

While I am on a Roll here. Do many of you use AOL for your On-Line-Service? If so have you had Problems with your E-Mail notices? Example: Your E-Mail notices come like 1-3 Days after you should have gotten the notice on your E-mail Notification. That is how mine was doing for awhile and now I get none, Period, from GreenHybrid.

I really Hope this is Not-Isolated just to Me:

Could really use some input on this:

Terry

BTW, Yes, all settings are correct to receive the Instant E-Mail Notices:
.........They have been Checked and Re-Checked over and Over.
.........Everything indicates it should be working but is NOT.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: All=MEMBERS; Question ? Instant-E-Mail Notifications ?

I seem to get notifications just fine. I know AOL has a very heavy spam filtering system that pulls literally billions of emails from mailboxes every day or so. It's possible it thinks GreenHybrid's emails are spam and isn't even letting you see them. The analysis can also explain why your other emails are delayed.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Vegetarian

Over the summer at work we were having some big problems with AOL blocking mail from our clients... and maybe even to them? I don't remember, but it was bad. AOL wasn't able to help us at all, we ended up signing up with .Mac instead.

Personally, I don't have AOL or my prefences set to notify me of post to my threads.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid
Over the summer at work we were having some big problems with AOL blocking mail from our clients... and maybe even to them? I don't remember, but it was bad. AOL wasn't able to help us at all, we ended up signing up with .Mac instead.

Personally, I don't have AOL or my prefences set to notify me of post to my threads.
I got rid of AOL or AOHELL as the exusers call it.

I went DSL/ Cable as it was cheaper and a little less flashy....

Old 02-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Banned

Just a wild guess - do you have an accelerator for dial-up? I have one and have to constantly refresh hotmail to get the latest e-mails to appear. I know AOL has a dial-up accelerator.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:31 PM
04 prius 350,000km

add greenhybrid to your AOL safelist, if there is no such thing switch with another ISP. personality I find the notifications annoying and always turn them off since I visit the site daily or more.