Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Big News I Think :-) DSL & 2006 HCH NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Big News I Think :-) DSL & 2006 HCH NEWS

Hi Everyone;

Terry (tigerhonaker) has what I think is Great-News and would like to share it with my fellow Members on (GreenHybrid.)

I just got my High-Speed DSL Bell South Hooked Up and Fully Functional as I type this Post. Can you all say Yipeeeeeee

Next, I just received a E-Mail from Gary Force Honda in Bowling Green, Ky. and it said that the "Production-Date" on my 2006 HCH ll is (January 17, 2006).

Here is the E-Mail:
Hey Terry,
I received your FedEx today..I check my mail 3 or 4 times daily..I will be talking to our best tech,whom I hired 23 years ago,I will see to it that he does the install..His name is Jr. Olson and his title is Sr. Tech.I have received all of the accessories,just waiting on the car.They are showing the build date as 1-17-06.If it gets built on that date then we should see it in about 3 weeks,possibly eariler,as I receive info I will let you know by phone or email..Have a GREAT day !!!
Gary
End Of E-Mail:

Well folks it has made my day to say the least and , now if Honda corrects the FE Cluster Problem while this HCH ll is being produced it will really be Very-Cool.

Life-Is-Great;

Terry

Old 01-05-2006, 09:36 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!
Default Re: Big News I Think :-) DSL & 2006 HCH NEWS

Congratulations...I don't have as much information as you regarding build date. But, I'll do my best to be patient.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

big congratulations on the DSL ... i know you are LOVING it.

Great to know you build date! I bet you cannot wait! I am sure they are working on that MPG problem ... now they know it isn't isolated. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to fix ... just reprogram the cpu ... but what do I know? hehe Of course let us knw how much you love it when you get it!!!

Old 01-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

tigerhonaker: Not to throw any cold water on your celebration but did your dealer mention anything about the build date being flexible? I have a build date of Jan 18 but I also saw on the dealer's sheet other expected arrivals with build dates before mine that had not been built. My sales person explained that since they are built in Japan, the date was not hard and fast but merely a guesstimate.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:18 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Big News I Think :-) DSL & 2006 HCH NEWS

Originally Posted by AZMerf
tigerhonaker: Not to throw any cold water on your celebration but did your dealer mention anything about the build date being flexible? I have a build date of Jan 18 but I also saw on the dealer's sheet other expected arrivals with build dates before mine that had not been built. My sales person explained that since they are built in Japan, the date was not hard and fast but merely a guesstimate.
Yeah; I think at best it is as you say a Guess. I will take that though because until now I had No-Idea how long it would be and this at least narrows it down some.

Sooner Now Than Later;

Terry (With Patience)