Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Fallen Firefighters

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
2007 Prius owner
Default Fallen Firefighters

I work at a fire station in SC. Last night Charleston FD lost 9 fireman in one fire. Two of these men worked for me at my station on their days off from the city of charleston. Please keep them and their families in your heart and prayers.

William

Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Fallen Firefighters

Will do.
I just finished reading about this fire. Very sad day.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Banned

My thoughts and prayers for these firefighters who paid the ultimate price.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

William, from a fire department in VA, I can tell you that lots of folks are praying for the colleagues, friends, and families of those that died.

Just now I was reading a summary of events that our safety officer sent out. It looks like it started as a "simple" (my word, not theirs) trash fire outside the store. It just reinforces that no fire is simple.

It's a terrible irony that this week the fire service across the nation is observing a week long "Fire and EMS Safety Stand Down," where participating departments suspend all nonessential non-emergency activities to focus entirely on safety.

My background is EMS, and though I used to fight fires, I don't anymore. God bless you guys that do.