Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

HawkGT647 - Hope You Are OK

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned
Default HawkGT647 - Hope You Are OK

HawkGT647 - I just realized you live in Baton Rouge.

I hope you and your family are safe from Katrina.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HawkGT647 - Hope You Are OK

Hi HawkGT647:

___Oh god, I didn’t even realize. I pray you, your family, and friends have pulled through Katrina unscathed …

___Good Luck and God Speed.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HawkGT647 - Hope You Are OK

Thanks for all the concern & prayers - we are fine here.

My home didn't have any damage - just lots of small limbs & trash blown into the yard and pool. Lost electricity for 3 days. We now have lots of traffic congestion after New Orleans evacuated to our area.

Relatives in Ocean Springs, Miss. had a house 1 mile from the beach, it's a total loss. Sister-in-law had a '04 Accord in the shop for repairs when the storm hit - the building collapsed on the car.

A co-worker lived in New Orleans and got trapped in the city after boarding up his Mom's windows. He rode out the storm in a two-story building in the French Quarter. He has water in his house, and a tree fell on the back of the house. His wife/kids evacuated to Houston, he's staying with me until he finds rental housing.

The petrochemical plant I work at had to shut down due to loss of ethane feedstock from the Gulf of Mexico, we're back up & running now at reduced rates.

Real bad for New Orleans, but also the Mississippi/ Alabama area was hit hard.

This has brought out the best and worst in people affected by the storm, we have seen plenty of good deeds, people helping in so many ways. The support was slow to come, but the nation is very supportive. The media reports the bad, makes it look awful, but there is still plenty of good happening down here.

Regards,