Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Hummer Introduces a Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Proudest Monkey
Default Hummer Introduces a Laptop

Maybe we need a Prius or Insight version? The internal battery could be assisted by solar power. Or better yet, no internal fans for that authentic 'stealth mode' computing sensation

http://www.hummerlaptops.com/home.htm

Cheers!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Hummer Introduces a Laptop

Looks perfect for the next time I'm using wireless in middle of a desert with no road for miles.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

GM is just milking the brand name... I bought an authentic HUMMER 3 million candlepower spotlight from Costco. Works good, built in rechargeable battery lasts a long time if you won't abuse it and it's got a dimmer so when you don't need a bright light it will last even longer.

I'd rather not see Prius 'brand' stuff because I think it sort of cheaps out the image to be pimping out the various labels for whatever product as added cashflow... It might work, but it would probably be more popular in Japan.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

I love this picture they use. Nothing like checking email or ebay while rock climbing. Really helps you "get away from it all".

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/sh...php?i=539&c=17

Old 09-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hope they incorporate the laptops into all of their vehicles so they can use the internet to find every gas station they need to stop at.........

Old 09-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Clubford00
I hope they incorporate the laptops into all of their vehicles so they can use the internet to find every gas station they need to stop at.........
That satellite map is cool! (on the Google gas station site) You can see what your home or workplace looks like from space.

Since a quite a few of the Hummer buyers are trying to validate their manhood - why not draft them to relieve the troops?

Old 09-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Vegetarian

oh brother...

my apple powerbook g4 is way sexier than that thing.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

Who would buy that thing it isnt even good looking. I will stick with the regulars laptops that r way better.

Old 09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be
Thumbs down Re: Hummer Introduces a Laptop

run away from this as fast as you can. Any place selling computers that thinks that "Centrino" is a type of processor knows nothing about PCs. Centrino is a combination of Intel chipset, intel wireless cards, and intel mobile processors.

Geez, and they think that they will sell those ugly things?

If you want a real rugged laptop, get one like this.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Proud to be GM

Keep in mind that the big deal is the marketing, not the product. HUMMER as a brand name has a lot of staying power, so licensing the name to sell products that HUMMER buyers would consider buying does three things.....

1) It provides manufacturers of tangentially related products a "captured market" of potential customers

2) It provides the company marketing the original product (in this case HUMMER) a way to stay connected with existing customers

3) It provides the company marketing the original product (in this case HUMMER) a chance to connect with people who are positively pre-disposed to their product a way to connect with the company, even if they cannot buy the original product.

Harley-Davidson has mastered this selective marketing approach over the years. Porsche has been in the game for a few years. Cadillac has also recently gotten into the game, with a line of Cadillac bicycles.

Peace,

Martin

Quick Reply: Hummer Introduces a Laptop

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands