Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Early Adopter
Default Re: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Any Ford that can run on E85 fuel gets the leaf emblem.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

I joined your little web chat here to offer the true explanation to what seems a question that is bothering you. - Do they think that people will think their trucks are hybrids? -

Well let me tell you that myself and my friends who all drive large diesel trucks to haul our campers and toys have put them on because we got sick and tired of HYBRID drivers looking at us with a NASTY grimace on their little face while their butts were so close to the ground.

It was not done to act as if we were driving a HYBRID. It was simply done, at least in my crowd, as humor. It is not to be taken seriously..... It is not to be taken in any way other than fun. And no we did not STEAL them. We spent our hard-earned wages to buy them at the same dealerships where you bought your cars.

We are looked at as if we do not care. Well nothing could farther from the TRUTH. We take our goods with us. We take our food with us. We take our families with us. We do not leave anything behind. We pack up what we take with us and 100% of the time crap left by tree-hugging weirdoes that call themselves conservation friendly.

Yes that is correct we pick up and haul out garbage left by everyone. I get a kick out of looking at the trash left behind by so-called GREEN/ECO friendly people do in the name of ecology. It seriously makes me laugh. They run around drinking water from plastic bottles that they well over-pay for and leave them all over the place.

I am not upset, I am not unfriendly. I simply read your obviously uneducated and uninformed comments and had to take the time to respond.

Be clean, be respectful, be friendly to all people and most of all...... Do not make unfounded comments to or about others unless in fact your own slate is as clear as your conscious can be....

Be Respectful to one another at all times.......

Warm Regards,

STEEL_REIGNS

Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast

"...obviously uneducated and uninformed comments..."

Fact: Adding a hybrid emblem to a vehicle which in fact is not a hybrid is simply retarded. Sorry, there's no justification.

How can you see their asphalt scratching asses from 10 feet up in the truck anyway, you got binoculars in there? =P

As for cleaning up trash after other campers, if you catch them, report them. Littering usually carries a hefty fine. There's no reason any type of camping should be more than "no impact" camping.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred S
Fact: Adding a hybrid emblem to a vehicle which in fact is not a hybrid is simply retarded. Sorry, there's no justification.
"retarded" is not really a PC term these days, but I have to agree with you 100%.

By the way, I thought the green leaf emblems looked stupid on my all black 06 FEH & removed them (I did leave the HYBRID lettering)

If anybody wants those leaf emblems I removed, they are welcome to them -just shoot me an email & they're yours (that's assuming I can still find what I did with them when I took them off)

~John

Old 03-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well said Steel. I find it ironic how intolerant hybrid owners are. While I do enjoy the benefits of higher gas mileage, I do find there is a form of elitism going on. I could have bought other vehicles that get better MPG but we bought our hybrid as a statement against big oil and the waste of tax dollars. only that. I am not a snob nor will I ever be. I have toys and I enjoy them. My other truck is a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4 and i love to take it off road and consume mass quantities of gas and tear up mother earth.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Enthusiast

We bought our hybrids, 1) to save a few bucks, 2) if the money is gonna be spent, I rather reward honda's engineers with a hybrid sale instead of sending my money to the middle east.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred S
We bought our hybrids, 1) to save a few bucks, 2) if the money is gonna be spent, I rather reward honda's engineers with a hybrid sale instead of sending my money to the middle east.
Honda's engineers?

Try Ford... or maybe Toyota. I'm not aware of any link between the FEH and Honda.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
08 MMH 4WD

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
Well said Steel. I find it ironic how intolerant hybrid owners are. While I do enjoy the benefits of higher gas mileage, I do find there is a form of elitism going on. I could have bought other vehicles that get better MPG but we bought our hybrid as a statement against big oil and the waste of tax dollars. only that. I am not a snob nor will I ever be. I have toys and I enjoy them. My other truck is a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4 and i love to take it off road and consume mass quantities of gas and tear up mother earth.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
2008 FEH Owner

My motivation for the FEH was my 93 Chevy Surburban was starting to break down and needed major repairs. While it served us well with three kids with camping and skiing. They are now teenagers and don't ride with us much. I still needed something to get me to the mountains to ski and save me a dollar or 2 at the same time.

I still have some truck envy whe I see a nice Suburban go by and I want to say I had one too... but my life has changed and the FEH suites me fine!

There's room for us all! RELAX!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steel_Reigns
Well let me tell you that myself and my friends who all drive large diesel trucks to haul our campers and toys have put them on because we got sick and tired of HYBRID drivers looking at us with a NASTY grimace on their little face while their butts were so close to the ground.
"Oh no! They're judging us!" Either you'll develop some backbone with the knowledge that your choices are right, or you're going to foster a resentment, fuelled by some guilt of knowing that others are correct.

Say one thing and do another. You said be respectful to everyone, but what you really meant was, "Be respectful to ME," because your post is the first one in this topic to cause insult.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands