Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Model Driver's Husband Shot Dead by Road Rager 1 Mile from My WorkPlace

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned
Default Model Driver's Husband Shot Dead by Road Rager 1 Mile from My WorkPlace

Story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17859974/

I've said numerious times, that I drive on the right and let others freely pass me by...well this could have been me, but I have no regrets for the way I drive....we just have too many raging idiots.

Detectives said they think Sonya Woolsey was driving the speed limit through a construction zone, angering the driver of a light-colored SUV behind her. They said Sonya pulled over to allow the driver to pass, and the driver fired one shot into the window, killing Kenneth (her husband - child was also on board).
Ironically, this was on the edge of Restland Cemetary.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Model Driver's Husband Shot Dead by Road Rager 1 Mile from My WorkPlace

Oddly enough, today is the first day of:

The National Work Zone Awareness Week (NWZAW) will be observed, April 2-6, 2007.

http://wzsafety.tamu.edu/outreach/awareness_week/

That's pretty darned low, to be gunned down for observing the law and looking out for construction workers.

Let's hope they catch the lowlife, and give him what he deserves.

Harry

Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Model Driver's Husband Shot Dead by Road Rager 1 Mile from My WorkPlace

Safety Tips for Motorists

The partnering organizations are working together to establish a common set of safety tips to focus attention on driver behavior. The set of safety tips will be broadcasted during the National Work Zone Safety Awareness Week. Although the final list of tips was still being developed in January, the following list was published in the Fall 1999 issue of The Signal, ATSSA's quarterly magazine:

Drive within the posted speed limits.

Dedicate full attention to the roadway.

Disengage from distracting activities, such as changing radio stations and especially using mobile phones.

Pay close attention to merge signs, flaggers, and don't change lanes within the work zone.

Watch out -- not only for workers in the zone, but also their equipment.

Turn on the vehicle headlights to become more conspicuous to workers and other motorists.

Harry